2. Government of Rajasthan had establisheda society in the name of “RajasthanFoundation” to continuously interact withPravasi Rajasthanis (NRRs) from all overIndia and the world for strengthening andrenewing their bonds with the State and tofacilitate their participation in the Statesdevelopment, honouring their desire tocontribute to their roots.
3. Vision & Objectives• To Strengthen and Renew the bonds between Non- resident Rajasthanis and the State of Rajasthan for overall socio-economic development of the State.• To Facilitate participation of Rajasthani Diaspora in the development of the State of Rajasthan and welfare of its people.• Promotion of the well being of Rajasthanis living in different parts of the country and the world.• To Provide a forum and facilitate a process of continuous communication and interaction between Non Resident Rajasthan and the State of Rajasthan and its various agencies.
4. Structure Governing Body09/20/12 4
5. Executive Committee 1. Chief Secretary, Chairperson 2. Pr. Secretary Finance, Member 3. Pr. Secretary Industries & NRIs, Member 4. Secretary Planning, Govt. of Rajasthan, Member 5. Commissioner, Rajasthan Foundation, Member-Secretary RF Team 1. Vice Chairman 2. Commissioner 3. Executive Director 4. Senior Executive (Finance/ Tourism/ Education/ Medical) 5. Junior Executive (Finance) 6. MBA Executives (4)
6. ChaptersIn order to step up the interaction with NRRs and to seektheir participation in the socio-economic development ofthe State, Rajasthan Foundation has established 9chapters, seven within India and two overseas.and furtherplans to establish new chapters in India at Indore,Guwahati, Ranchi, Cuttack, Cochin, Nagpur & Shillongand outside India at Hong Kong, Dubai, Singaporeetc..where NRRs are living in large numbers.In India : Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Kolkata, Mumbai, Surat, HyderabadAbroad: London & New York
8. Philosophy of Chapter Chapters under Rajasthan Foundations guidance have been organising successful events. "Rajasthan Calling" at Coimbatore and “Pushker Mela” at Chennai and the "Rajasthani International Convention" at New York are few such events that have emerged as effective interactive platforms for the non-resident community. The meetings of General Body are intended to be like family get together meant to create congenial atmosphere amongst members and also to provide a platform to discuss the general welfare of NRRs and the State of Rajasthan. The Executive Body is also to discuss the possible projects in the meetings to be undertaken for the development of Rajasthan.
9. IRC- 2000 • In an Landmark announcement, the Hon’ble CM, Shri Ashok Gehlot declared the setting up of a “Rajasthan Foundation” in 2000. • The genesis of IRC-2000 was an idea that came up as a part of the golden jubilee celebrations of the State, to share happy moments with the Rajasthanis settled outside the State. • The State administration took it up as a mission and organized on 23rd & 24th September, 2000 at Birla Auditorium, Jaipur. • Special subject plenary sessions have been also arranged.
10. IRC-2000 • The Steel Magnet from London, Mr. L.N. Mittal; Lord Raj Bagri from the UK too shared the dais at the day’s function. • The leading lights from the world of industry like the Birlas, the Dalmias, the Goenkas, the Singhanias, the Bajajs, the Modis, the Ruias, the Bangurs, the Jalans, the Poddars, the Morarkas and the Agarwals, to mention just a few. • Among political figures, Mr. Murali Deora, Mr. Vijay Darda, Mr. Ram Niwas Mirdha, Mr. Natwar Singh, Mr. Balram Jakar, Dr. L.M. Singhvi and many. • The former CM, Mr.Bhairon Singh Shekhawat along with BJP chief, Mr.Bhawarlal Sharma; former CM, Mr. Jagannath Pahadia, mr. shiv Charan Mathur were also present.
11. IRC-2003• Second IRC was organized by RANA (Rajasthani Association of North America) at Hotel Hilton Huntington, Long Iceland ,NewYork on 4-6 July, 2003.• Around 1100 delegates were participated in this mega event from around the world.• Hon’ble Chief Miister, Shri Ashok Gehlot along with 15 member delegation from Govt. of Rajasthan have participated in the event.• After seeing the success of First International Rajasthani Conclave in Rajasthan, Govt. of India has decided to organize “Pravasi Bhartiya Divas” on 9th January, 2003.
12. RANA(Rajasthan Association of north America) • Rana came into existence in year 2000 by a group of Rajasthanis living in Newyork. six rajasthanis who are the founders of the association are Mr. Arvind Bhandari, Mr. Kamlesh Mehta, Mr. K.K.Mehta , Mr Naveen C. Shah, Mr. Rajesh Shah and Mr. Sunil Shah. While having a social get together, they come up with an idea of formation of RANA. • RANA formed for the purpose of bringing all Rajasthanis on a single platform preserving the Rajasthani culture and heritage and instilling Rajasthani values among the younger generation. • RANA’s objectives includes performing charitable activities in the areas of education, health care and social welfare contributing to the home state by promoting economic and industrial development; creating a bond between Rajasthan and Rajasthanis living in North America.
13. Meeting of GoverningBody • Three Governing Body meetings have been held at Rajasthan Foundation office , First meeting held on 28th March, 2002; In place of second meeting ,nomination of the GB members took place in September 2005 and in third, again nomination March 2008. • GB members were nominated by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Rajasthan. • Agenda of the GB meeting as follows: • Constitution of Rajasthan Foundation and Progress • Delegation of Powers • Constitution of Chapters outside the state
14. Agenda of the GBmeeting• District chapters of Rajasthan foundation• Institution of ‘Rajasthan Pratibha Samman’• International Rajasthan Conclave-2000• Budget Proposals• Accounting system and maintenance• Appointment of Auditor/ Retainer• Bankers of Rajasthan Foundation and Powers in respect of operation of accounts
15. MotivationMotivated by the Rajasthan Foundation, RajasthaniDiaspora has been contributing significantly towards thesocio-economic development of their motherland. To name afew, Shri L N Mittal, Sir Gulam Noon, Shri Suresh Gandhi,Shri Prakashbhai Sanghvi of Sanghvi Charitable Trust havecontributed towards drought & relief, drinking water &animal fodder work and education sector in the State, whileDr. Samin Sharma, an NRR based at USA has beendonating Stents for heart patients.
16. Visitants”I felt very proud to see the work you are doing- Im shore it will grow fromstrength to strength.“ ..Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla “We are very impressed with the foundation. Keep up the good work and all the best.” ..Mr. Gautam Singhaniya“First impression is very positive, which indicatesstrong commitment of the state and itsadministrative to provide maximum help and co-operation to NRR and NRI. I am very impressedwith the entire state philosophy.” ……… Mr.Lakshmi N. Mittal A new, small but very attractive & time trailoffice. I am sure the work of the foundation willtrail a lot of Investment, Domestic & Foreign, fromNRR & others. . Mr. Rahul Bajaj
17. Pravasi Bharatiya Divas- 2012The 10th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas has celebrated in Jaipuron 7th -9th January, 2012 to mark the contribution of theoverseas Indian community to the development of India. Itis pleasing to know that the delegate’s registration for PBD-2012 reached apprx 2014 from 60 countries, which is anall time record over ten years in PBD istory.Rajasthan Foundation made a concentrated effort toapprising and informing NRRs, NRIs and Indian Diaspora,globally to participate in the 10th PBD-2012.
18. Jaane Apna RajasthanOn the occasion of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas-2012, HonbleChief Minister of Rajasthan, Shri Ashok Gehlot hasannounced the prestigious scheme "Jaane ApnaRajasthan" for Non Resident Rajasthani Youth at PinkCity, Jaipur.It will be organized from 5th to 14thDecember, 2012The unique objective of the scheme is to stimuli or todevelop the spontaneous love in their hearts forRajasthans Art and Culture, History, Cuisine, Climate,Language, Rural environment and the economicallyinfluential state of the country. 09/20/12 18
19. “Thank You” “We invite the Diaspora to associate in the socio-economic development of Rajasthan.”RAJASTHAN FOUNDATIONYOJANA BHAVAN, YUDHISTER MARG,C-SCHEME, JAIPUR (RAJASTHAN) INDIATEL: +91-141-2229111, 2229444, 2229091FAX: + 91-141-5113224E-MAIL: RAJFOUND-RJ@NIC.IN