1. Cloud OPSA Danish perspective on Cloud Søren Peter Nielsen email@example.com Chief Architect Danish National IT and Telecom Agency Frankfurt, March 17th 2011
2. Read more: ”Cloud Calculator” digitaliser.dk/resource/601236Highlighting the potential A 60% total cost reduction over a 5 year period!
3. Hands on experience - NITA in thecloudDigitalisér.dk, EasyTrade andCitizen portal statistics module inthe cloud.EasyTrade in the cloud=> more than 50% cost reduction Read more: ”Migration of Nemhandel to a commercial Cloud Computing Infrastructure” digitaliser.dk/resource/567373
4. Eliminate the barriers -Municipality of Odense• Preliminary project: Pupils in primary school had Google Apps accounts• Project expansion: The teachers evaluations of the pupils also on Google Apps => Involves sensitive personal data of the pupils• Long dialog between the Danish Data Protection Agency and Municipality of Odense• Latest decision from the DPA: Odense cant use the Google Apps solution for sensitive personal data o DPA is willing to reconsider the decision if adequate data is provided
5. Read more: ”Processing of sensitive personal data in a cloud solution”Eliminate the barriers -Municipality of Odense digitaliser.dk/resource/935026Latest opinion from the Danish Data Protection Agency: 1. Is data located within the EU or in a European non-EU country? 2. The provided risk analysis is inadequate. A technical risk- assessment is necessary. 3. A processor agreement between Google and Odense is necessary. 4. Knowledge of the concrete geographical location of data is necessary 5. It needs to be specified how the Danish Executive Order on Securitys and the Act on Processing of Personal Datas requirements will be met in a number of areas (e.g. permanent deletion of data)
6. Read more: ”Cloud Audit and Assurance Initiatives” digitaliser.dk/resource/1029260Two roads to address ”New Digital Security Models”security considerations digitaliser.dk/resource/8964951. Assurance Based Security2. Security-by-Design: "New Digital Security Models" o Provide security for all parties in a transaction (including users). o De-couple user data from users physical identity. o Utilize attribute-based credentials and transaction isolation. o Move from an identification-oriented paradigm towards a validation-orientated paradigm.
7. Accelerating the Danishcloud market• A lot of potential for the SMEs!• New global actors