• You can tell whether a person is right-handed or lefthanded by the side of their mouth they do the majority of
• Right handed people use right side, left handed people use left
• NO ONE has the exact same set of teeth – even twins
teeth are different. Tongue prints are unique too!
• Tooth decay is the second most common
disease after the cold
• Tooth enamel is the hardest part of the
Remove tooth decay
Apply sealants to teeth
Public Speaking Skills
Able to focus
Good problem solver
• Lots to do with sciences
• High salary
• Many different cases
• Constantly learning new things
• Opportunities to work with many
• Help lots of people!
• Lots of different fields of dentistry
• Not a difficult transition between them
• Lalani, Karim. Personal interview. 7 May 2012.
• (fillings, nature of their general training they can carry out the
majority of dental treatments such as restorative, and crowns.
"Dentistry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia." Wikipedia, the
free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 May 2012.
• "Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) Program - UBC Dentistry."
UBC Dentistry - The Faculty of Dentistry at The University of
British Columbia. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 May 2012.
• James, Robert. Dentists. Vero Beach, FL: Rourke Book
Co., 1995. Print.
• "UBC Dentistry - The Faculty of Dentistry at The University of
British Columbia." UBC Dentistry - The Faculty of Dentistry at
The University of British Columbia. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 May