• Increasing place coverage
• Increasing language coverage
• Places provision though
Detecting Peer to Peer Insults
• Comments many times goes personal and
insulting in debates or discussion. For eg :-
discussion on any comment made by some
• We want to identify comments that is intended to
insult other participant in discussion.
• We don’t want to profane on comments made on
topic in discussion
Recommendation Challenges in WebMedia
• Traditional Content based recommendation and
Collaborative filtering has higher rate of false
• Recommendation based on social signals is also
not efficient and there is high probability
different likings between friends.
• Cold Start Problem:- How to recommend user
who is new to system
Comment Text Relevance
• How do we find comments/posts that are
relevant to the article?
• Can we rank all comments wrt relevance
• If not, can we atleast find the least relevant
comments, and use that signal to bump down a
comment that is otherwise of good quality?
• Can we find highly relevant comments, even if
they are very short?
• In a photo stream how to choose what next
photo should be shown user to keep him
• Creating implicit following graph in flickr based
on clicks on a user photo by someone