-The most socially reinforced of the behavioral
-Shopping becomes the person’s main way of
coping with stress.
-They continue to shop excessively even when it is
clearly having a negative impact on other areas of
-There are several characteristics that shopping
addiction shares with other addictions.
- Shopping addicts become preoccupied with
spending, and devote significant time and money to
- The addictive pattern is actually driven by the
process of spending money.
- Addictive pattern of thoughts about shopping,
planning shopping trips.
- The shopping act described : as pleasurable,
ecstatic, as providing relief from negative feelings.
- Finally, the shopper crashes, with feelings of
disappointment, particularly with the him/herself.
- Use shopping as a way of escaping negative feelings:
depression, anxiety, boredom, self-critical thoughts, and
- The escape is short-lived.
- The purchases are often simply hoarded unused.
- Compulsive shoppers will then begin to plan the next
- Most shop alone, some shop with others who enjoy it.
-Finances and relationships are damaged.
-The shopping addict feels unable to stop or even
control their spending.
Feel a boundless joy when buying
The excessive purchases so can lead
Make their shopping as an escape
route to improve their mood or cover
any other need mental
They accumulate useless objects,
leaving behind severe economic
It impairs daily life; events are
canceled for shopping and are
deprived of other activities, such as
being with family.
Therapies to find out what has caused
the condition, relaxation sessions are
The family support is important for
You must advise and not fight with