1. Alyssa Milano PicturesAlyssa Jayne Milano was born December 19, 1972. She is
2. an actress, producer, and former singer, most known for herportrayal of Phoebe Halliwell on The WB TV series Charmedwhich ran from 1998 through 2006. Alyssa first rose to fame on television for her childhood role of Samantha Micelli on the ABC sitcom Whos the Boss? (1984 to 1992). She also starred as Jennifer Mancini on the Fox soap opera MelrosePlace (1997 to 1998). Alyssa also has a sports apparel line, Touch.
3. Alyssa Milano is the daughter of Lin, a designer and manager, and Thomas M. Milano, a music editor. Alyssa was born in Brooklyn and resided there until a local shooting prompted the family to relocate to Staten Island. Milano has a younger brother, Cory (b. 1982), who is also an actor. In a 2003 interview, Milano recalled having had a good childhood, having grown up within a "loving, true family. Even though she grew up in front of the camera, Alyssa didnot feel that it caused problems for her childhood. She said "Ilove my family very much - theyve really backed my career. I consider myself to be normal: Ive got to clean my room, and help in the kitchen."
4. Alyssa started her career at the young age of eight after securing a role in an open audition for a nationwide tour of the musical Annie. She was one of the four selected out of an audition with over 1,500 girls. Alongside the theaterproductions, she played a supporting role in the independent film Old Enough, which she recalled as a great way forstarting out. At the age of 10, she won her first big role in the television sitcom Whos the Boss? alongside Tony Danza, Danny Pintauro, Judith Light and Katherine Helmond. Her role was that of Samantha Micelli, the daughter of the main character.
5. After Alyssa won the role, she and her father relocated toHollywood from Staten Island. The remainder of the family followed suit one year later, because her mother was not willing to give up her home life "for a show that wasnt a guarantee." Although she was raised in Brooklyn, Alyssa had trouble getting this particular accent right because of the work she had done to lose it to acquire more roles intheater, including in a stage adaption of Jane Eyre. Duringthe production run of Whos the Boss?, Alyssa felt a strong connection with co-star Danza.
6. In theater, Alyssa starred in a one-act play, Tender Offerwritten by Wendy Wasserstein, All Night Long by American playwright John OKeefe, and the first American musical adaptation of Jane Eyre. Milano returned to the theater in 1991, when she starred in and produced a Los Angelesproduction of Butterflies Are Free from December 26 until January 19, 1992.
7. In 1985, Alyssa was in the motion picture Commando as Jenny Matrix, daughter of John Matrix (ArnoldSchwarzenegger). Appearing at age 12 in an R-rated actionfilm, Milano admitted to being "freaked out" by the weapons on set. A few years later the film was shown in Japan, prompting a record producer to offer Milano a five-album recording contract.
8. Milanos albums, which she described as "bubblegum pop", scored platinum in the country, but she claimed to be discontent with its quality later in life. Subsequently, she appeared with John Gielgud in the childrens motion picture The Canterville Ghost (1986). The film did not achieve much attention or praise, and Variety magazine noted in itsreview: "Milano as the catalyzing daughter Jennifer adapts to the ghostly Sir Simon without a qualm; that, of course, is the true charm of the story, but Milano doesnt exhibit enough presence to match the droll, charming Gielgud.
9. By the late 1980s, Alyssa established herself as a teen idol, appearing in made-for-television teen flicks such as Crash Course and Dance til Dawn (both 1988). Both projects allowed her to work alongside close friend Brian Bloom.Bloom and his brother Scott worked with Alyssa in episodes of Whos the Boss.
10. When her role on Whos the Boss ended in 1992, Alyssafeared having trouble obtaining other roles, aware of the fate of many grown-up child stars in that period. Nevertheless, she was excited when she found out the show was cancelled, being ready "to move on", and enthusiastic to "showcase" what she could do.
11. In 1991, Milano auditioned for the female lead as a homeless teenager in the independent film Where the DayTakes You. Although the crew was hesitant to sign a former child star, she was given a small role as a prostitute in theproduction. Even though she feared that viewers would only recognize her as "the girl from Whos the Boss?", she wasnoticed by the media, that helped her land the controversialrole of Amy Fisher in the high profile TV movie Casualties of Love: The Long Island Lolita Story.
12. Milano said that her portrayal of Amy Fisher was more based on Joey Buttafuocos point of view. In 1994, she was considered to replace Shannen Doherty in Beverly Hills, 90210. In 1996, Milano appeared opposite Mark Wahlbergand Reese Witherspoon in the thriller Fear. Even though thefilm did not receive very positive reviews, Los Angeles Times called Milano "very good" in the production.
13. After not being able to land further movie roles, Alyssa acquired the roles of Jennifer Mancini on Melrose Place (1997–1998), Meg Winston in Spin City, and PhoebeHalliwell on the eight-year run of the popular hit TV series Charmed (1998–2006).
14. Alyssa suffers from dyslexia. In a 2004 interview, she explained how she deals with the disorder: "Ive stumbled over words while reading from teleprompters. Sir John Gielgud, whom I worked with on The Canterville Ghost years ago, gave me great advice. When I asked how hememorized his monologues, he said, I write them down. Iuse that method to this day. It not only familiarizes me with the words, it makes them my own."
15. Milano is a fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers and writes a regular baseball blog on the Major League Baseballswebsite. In 2007, Milano launched her signature "Touch" line of team apparel for female baseball fans, selling it through her blog and Major League Baseballs website. It also became available in 2009 through a boutique store located in Citi Field, the home of the New York Mets.
16. Outside of acting, her hobbies include photography, humanitarian work, and spending time with her three dogs and eight horses. Milano has commented on her love foranimals, and in a 2009 interview discussed one of her dogs, a German shepherd called Pinto, who had died at the age of 14; he had worked with the LAPD dogs and Milano had owned him for 10 years.
17. After one year of dating, Alyssa and CAA agent David Bugliari were engaged December 18, 2008. Milano and Bugliari married on August 15, 2009 in New Jersey, at the home of Bugliaris family. In February 2011, it wasannounced that Milano and Bugliari were expecting their first child, a baby boy. In August 2011, she gave birth to a son named Milo Thomas Bugliari. Visit http://alyssamilanopictures.com/ for more info.