View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• Making Assumptions About: Shape Brightness Distance and Size
• Cognitive Psychology• Perception• The 5 Senses
Brightness• Coping with poor nightvision• Requires making assumptions• Involves shading, directionof light
• Aids in creating our conscious experience• Assists with processing information Brain categorizes and interprets information• Helps with understanding the world we live in Provides ability to interact with others Allows people to perform within environment
• Distinguish stimuli and reactions to stimuli• Achieve knowledge about environment vital to existence
• Visual illusions• Preconceived expectations• Perception and Illusion• Light and Color
Anderson,D. (2006). Introduction to the science of vision. Retrieved from http://www.mind.ilstu.edu/curriculum/vision_science_intro/vision_science_intro.php?mo...Bing.com/imagesCherry, K. (2011). Perception and the perceptual process. Retrieved from http://psychology.about.com/od/sensationandperception/ss/perceptproc.htmCognitive Psychology, art. (2011). Retrieved from http://www.cogsci.rpi.edu/courses/cogpsy/spr09/index.htmlEdmond, M. (2011). Picture of week. Retrieved from http://pinoyambisyoso.com/news/mike-edmonds-trick-photo-went- viral/ Figure Ground Ambiguity. (2011). Retrieved from http://605.wikispaces.com/Figure+GroundEllis, J. (2003-2011). What does a cognitive psychologist do?. Retrieved from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-a- cognitive-psychologist-do.htmFarkas, A. L. (2011). Visual perception. Retrieved from http://www.ehow.com/info_8658815_experiments-visual- perception.htmlKent, J. (2008). [Image of Akiyoshi Kitaoka "Rotating Snakes“ illusion] Selective 5HT-2A agonist hallucinogens: a review of pharmacological and corollary perceptual effects. Retrieved from http://www.tripzine.com/pit/html/multi- state-theory.htmWillingham, D. T. (2007). Cognition: the thinking animal (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall.