Acquisition module on koha integrated library system
ACQUISITION MODULE ON KOHA
INTEGRATED LIBRARY SYSTEM
OMELUZOR, SATURDAY U.
Babcock University Library
• Identify your self on the system by logging in.
• Identify your area of work, i.e. Acquisition
• Note that Acquisition module on ILS is mainly to
• Accept/receive library materials,
• Record how materials were received,
• Record who brought them,
• Record the cost implications,
• Record if no cost is incurred,
• Record every detail about each
Working with people
• Library users
The acquisition department liaise with people, therefore, be
polite, integrity is keyword, manage your office.
As Acquisition Librarian,
you need suggestions/assistance from
What the library acquires
• CD Roms
• References sources
• Electronic sources
Click at the ‘new vendor’ button as indicated above
• To register your vendor
• Provide all details of each vendor to enhance tracking
Add vendor and contacts
• Note that every order you make, you need vendor’s
detailed information for tracking.
Set currencies and exchange rates
• To set the currencies, click at ‘currencies’, if specific
currencies are not inclusive, search for international
• Edit the currencies to suit your local currency.
Budget and Funds
• Title the current budget as decided by the Financial Officer/Library Committee and
indicate the ‘start’ and ‘end dates’; or as handed to you by the University Librarian.
• For new budget, click ‘New budget’ as indicated on this slide and enter details.
• Enter the current budget for the year for acquisition.
• Note that Acquisition Librarian serves as the ‘accounting officer’ of the library.
• Treat suggestions urgently and respond to every request
in line with policy.
• Do not keep those who made suggestion aloof.
• Copy the title of the suggested materials to the OPAC
and check for their availability in the library before
• Click at “Bibliographic Information” for details of
• Check out for the details and take record
Click at “suggestion information” to view the
status, who suggested, librarian assigned to
manage the suggestion, dates, etc.
• It is possible to order for materials
and track them.
• Set the duration of the order
• Input the vendor’s name.
• Send email vendor or call if order is
• Since the release of Koha 3.10.0, the development
team has added
• 1470 patches to Koha, comprising -
• some 21 new features,
• 160 enhancements, and
• 440 bug fixes.
Through the release,
The Acquisitions module was updated with
• 8117 Divide budget periods into two tabs
• 8240 There is dead code in orderreceive.tt
• 8795 Just add the login branch In orderreveive.tt
• 8913 Improve acquisitions navigation
• 9030 There is no constraint on orders items
Acquisition is a house keeping activity in the
• The acquisition librarian must be up and
• Must not procrastinate.
• Keep records of every transaction and activity.
• Ensure acquisition of relevant materials.
Camins-Esakob, J. (2013). Koha 13.12.0 released.
Retrieved from http://koha-community.org/koha-3-
Do you have
You want to