SoLoMo Thursday - Creativity On A Digital Shoestring Part 2Presentation Transcript
25 July 2013
Social Media Analyst
M.A.D. School has, arguably, the world‟s smallest open house.
We turn classroom into a chic New York style digital art gallery
featuring the world‟s first indoor and outdoor stop-motion
projection mapping of D&AD award-winning student work and
other award winners
Technically challenging piece.
Powerful, high-lumen outdoor projector used beamed projections
on a special hologramic paper to enable viewing a distance away
(all the way to Clarke Quay).
Another Dimension concept
It‟s where you discover far more interesting things. Viewed
through the right lens, another dimension appears. The diploma
is the only one that adds another dimension to your creativity
and strategic thinking. Meaning you won‟t see things the way
others do. Projection mapping added another dimension to the
award-winning student work. The technically challenging work
piqued the interests of the digital creative community.
The Opening Reception
The Open House campaign was a highly digital one to break away
from traditional mediums the other schools employ.
We held an opening reception for prospective students, creative
and design industry players.
2C3DAD (short for 2-Colours, 3-D, Another Dimension) DM
• Sent to invitees, prospective students and trade partners
• 3D glasses with interchangeable lenses so they see elements in
different perspectives in line with “Another Dimension”.
• A CTA urged them to RSVP via a multi-screen mobile Facebook app
• Brand / event awareness
• Leveraging social media
• FB app brings in third party software or functionality
• Data capture
• Multi-screen mobile Facebook app called „idimensioner‟.
• Once on the Facebook App, registrants capture
themselves via the photobooth app built into
• Upload to be a part of our projection mapping display,
both indoor and outdoor.
Mobile video content creation & virability
World‟s smallest open house
First indoor and outdoor projection mapping
‘Glocal’ seeding on 50+ global social media and sharing sites/blogs/forums
EDM and database activation
Total budget = $3000
Creative / production = 4 people
842 attendees over a month
180% jump in sales leads
100% brand awareness (never had an open house!)
462 guests uploaded their photos via idimensioner to be featured in
A Decade of Creating the Brightest Bulbs
• M.A.D. School‟s 10-year anniversary.
• Early 2013, they embarked on a digital-centric branding.
• Digitally engage lecturers, students, alumni, associates, industry
partners and even prospective students who aren‟t aware of
digital approach and to launch new corporate identity.
Multi-screen mobile video content
• Eyebrow-raising stunts that create mobile video content for M.A.D. TV:
video platform that showcases video campaigns seeded across social media
• Hope outrageous stunts have higher PR and viral value viral, without paid
• To truly celebrate a decade of creating the brightest bulbs, we filmed at
hotspots where the brightest bulbs are.
• Gatecrashed a live football match between Home United FC and Albirex
Niigate FC at Jalan Besar Stadium, Helix Bridge, Esplanade, Boat Quay and
• Video introduced new corporate identity of "Thinker First. Creative
DM, Video on AR
Video uploaded and viewable on Layar Augmented Reality App.
Prospective attendees receive credit-card sized flat bulb in DM pack.
Instructions on downloading the Layar app via their smartphone.
Scan propped-up bulb via the app to launch AR video
Engagement via Layar AR, RSVP via Facebook App
Facebook button at the end of video on AR brings them to
FB app „The Brightspotter‟.
RSVP by lighting up an unlit bulb.
When celebrating a decade of creating the brightest bulbs,
we need pretty bright ideas.
Post event, we cut final video to seed glocally.
Total budget = $4000+
Creative / production = 6 people
243 attendees, reaching 78% of our target audience
100% attendees launched AR video and RSVP-ed via FB App
Brought to you by:
• Kim Lee
• [FB] kimwillrulle
• [IN] kimwillrule
26 Sept 2013
SPEAKER : Henrik Alexander
Head of Brand Advertising (SG
October 24, 2013
ADVERTISING & BRANDING
ON MOBILE DEVICES
26 Sept 2013
SoLoMo Thursday Gala Night
26 Sept 2013
Contact SoLoMo_Thursday@techsailor.com for more details.
to promote on our
Large MNCs with
new products to
Retailers / FMCGFellow Tech
PAGE 3226 Sept 2013