Miller - Word cloud exercise directionsDocument Transcript
Miller - Word Cloud Exercise Directions
Direct any questions to email@example.com
Answer the question “Who Am I?” through a word cloud.
First, sit down with pencil and paper, and then list as quickly as possible the first 20 self-
descriptors (words about who you are) coming to mind.
Next, type up the list on Word.
Then go to the Wordle site and create a word cloud using these terms.
You will show your word cloud as you introduce yourself in class.
1. Go to developer web site: Wordle http://www.wordle.net/
2. Click create button.
3. Copy and paste the words from the Word document that describe you.
4. Click create button to see what you get.
5. Click save to public gallery.
6. Type in the title box a title for your work. Click OK.
7. Be sure to copy the URL (this will be the only way to retrieve it from the site).
8. Next, figure out how you can vary background, font colors, font type, font size, etc.
(For example, the first terms that come to mind may be the most important for you.
Therefore, produce these terms in larger font than the rest.)
9. With this learning, now produce another word cloud (be sure to give it a different title in
order to distinguish it from your first effort). Use this version for the class introduction.