Sanjay Mehta's session on Social Media for Personal Care
Know the modern consumer of Personal Care
HOW SOCIAL MEDIA CAN HELP
Jt. CEO, Social Wavelength
Friends and Peers
Recommendations From Professionals & ExpertsOther Online Influencers
Suggestions from Online
What is the best personal care
product for my oily skin?
and Reviews by
How does a modern day consumer decide about her personal care needs…
It is critical for brands to understand and utilize this new medium well…
Where do these insights come from? About Me..
Our clients include… (NOT an exhaustive list)
• Most brands have mounted the Facebook bandwagon
• You create a Facebook page
• Put your TVCs on to YouTube
• Maybe a Twitter handle too
• Is that the right way to manage Social Media?
• Conversations are largely public in nature
• There can be opportunities to guide consumers on
making the right choice: Thought Leadership
• Consumers could be sharing wish lists: Market
• They could be complaining about your products:
• Brand choices could be discussed: You have to listen!
The Process of Listening..
• What more does your TG do on social media?
• Fashion, Lifestyle, Music, Films, Books..?
• Going beyond chatter around your brand and your
category – understanding consumer insights
• Enables you to improve your products, service,
marketing communication, etc.
• A snapshot of Health and Beauty Conscious in India..
• Not a sales push, genuine conversations
• Engage the influencers in the space
• Lots of questions around personal care; can you be
the one to provide wise answers?
• No random chatter – be at the cross section of brand
interest and consumer value
• Personal Care space is clearly about conversations
• Traditional means of advertising or market research
are slowly giving way to interactive, social media
• Brands need to think beyond the hygiene of a “social
media extension of a mainline campaign”
• New media, new ways of engagement, new
consumers will need new business structures as well
Joint CEO, Social Wavelength
email@example.com +91-98200-40918 @sm63