1 - Pinning Mad
• 2013 saw the rise of virtual scrapbook platform Pinterest.
Many people think Pinterest is exclusively for cat loving
middle aged woman and net-moms, and in previous years
you would have been right. 2013 seen a 9% rise in males
using the platform.
• Our prediction for 2014 for this platform is that Pinterest
will continue to grow rapidly and the male-to-female ratio
of the platform will continue to even itself out.
2 - Google+ Finally Breaks through
• Google+ wasn’t the most used platform. Most people didn’t
know that they had a Google+ account, however Google
announced that Google+ had over 30 million users this year. In
2013 we have the platform grow more and more popular...
• By 2014 it is going to be just as popular as Facebook, Twitter etc
and more people would use it on other devices. With the
announcement of G+’s adverts not only being seen on the
platform but on other relevant sites we predict that companies
will focus their campaigns through G+.
3 - Snapchat vs Instagram
• Late 2013 saw Facebook owned Instagram announce they
were releasing a direct photo sharing service. This feature
reminded a lot of people of Snapchat.
• Facebook tried to buy Snapchat earlier on that year. No one
can really say who is going to win the fight for photo
sharing supremacy just yet, but one things for certain.
• There’s going to be a lot of upmanship between the two
through 2014... but Instagram will win the battle!
4 - Love Affair With Facebook Is Over
• With Facebook already changing the Edgerank, making it ten
times harder for business to create organic reach we fail to see
how businesses will be able to really perfect their Facebook
campaigns the way they used to. Especially with the
announcement from Google that G+ ads will also be able to been
seen with in other webpages through the google network.
• Our prediction for the 2014 is Facebook’s popularity with
business campaigns will drop as more and more business focus
their campaigns at Google plus
5 - Whisper App to go big
• We predicted great things for Japan’s newest app craze
Whisper in 2014. Whisper allows users to “whisper”
secrets or thoughts anonymously in the form of pictures
with eye catching writing, much like memes.
• Japan’s answer to WhatsApp has exploded in the last 18
months in Asia and looks set to take on the rest of the
world in the same fashion oner 2014.
6 - Shots of Me
• You may of started to hear about this new photo sharing app in the
past few months and it’s no wonder with supporters such as Justin
Bieber backing the app.
• The primary idea of the app is to promote positivity on social
networks, Users can post photos of themselves where other users are
encouraged to comment positive things about the photo.
• The app also makes it impossible for other users to see how many
followers you have. This is promote the idea that social media is not
about numbers but connecting to others. We predict with app may be
very big in 2014.
7 - It’s all about the visuals
• 2013 saw new platforms like Vine gain popularity rapidly.
Various studies have already shown that social media
audiences respond better to visual campaigns.
• Our prediction for 2014 is that more and more companies
will be foncusing their social media campaigns on visual
platforms such as Vine, Instagram and Pinterest.
8 - Device Crossover
• 2013 was the year of mobile. With mobile platforms such as
Snapchat and Vine gaining popularity.
• Our prediction for 2014 is that this love affair with mobiles
will continue and device crossover will be more than
ever, with Google chrome and various other being able to
access their accounts and documents through their mobiles
and other devices.
9 - SEO Is Dead
• Yes it’s true, SEO in it’s traditional form is now dead. With
ads on G+ will now being seen on other relevant web pages
we’ve now gone passed the point where traditional SEO
will ever work again.
• Our prediction is that new methods of SEO will take over
focusing of three main points. Local, Fresh content and
10 - Videos, Videos, Videos
• 2013 saw short video sharing platform Vine grow in
popularity along with videos now being able to be
uploaded to Instagram.
• We predict that 2014 will see the companies really jump on
the bandwagon creating short viral videos for their own