1. GCF 2012Dr. Basma Omair “The EntrepreneurshipCEO of Al Sayeda Khadijah Imperative”Bint Khouwailid Center 21-24 January 2012
2. Who is Khadijah Bint Khuwailid?Prominent businesswomanHomemaker/motherReligious scholarFirst wife of Prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him) All of the above!
3. Who is Khadijah Bent Khuwailid?Widow with 3 childrenInternational BusinesswomenPerformance Evaluation systemEthics and ValuesSelf confidence
4. Do women have asupportiveinfrastructure to allowfor equal competitiveopportunities?
5. Women’s Life Cycle
6. She Needs to … FULFILL HERSELF
8. WHAT WOMEN DON’T WANT…..
9. WHAT WOMEN WANT AND NEED IS……
11. Infrastructure Needed
13. Gender sensitive Legalizations
14. • Women in the Shoura Council• Women running for Municipality elections• Women in leadership positions: deputy minister, vice mayor, deputy chair of chambers
15. • Women ARE NOW ALLOWED to be board members and/or CEOs of companies• Women ARE NOW ALLOWED to have a business license in Real-estate, contracting, construction, and services• Women can have Business license in ALL fields
16. Entrepreneurship remaining obstacles • Ease of loans • Marketing • Regulations reform • Use of technology • Networking opportunities