Doesn’t matter if you need to do this through a template, plug-ins for hiring someone to code. Do the best with what you have.
1. Sarah Evans
FAVES + CO.
2. Content Marketing
A term that refers to
anything you create
online (or off) to
drive traffic back to
3. I’m sharing information I believe others want
to know. And that is the fundamental starting
point for creating great content. Creating with
passion, with integrity and with purpose can
5. A picture really is worth a lot of words, just make
sure it’s optimized for the web.
• Compress it (TinyPNG)
• Include main local
keywords in filename
• Use good ALT text
• Add to Flickr and link
back to your website
6. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE!
• Primarily ages 21-49
• Live in the U.S., Canada,
• Love foreign travel and
• Earn more than $76,000
• Can’t get enough of
• Have diverse media tastes
On average, 60K views per month
and thousands of social shares.
7. If you have the money or bandwidth,
pay for great design.
8. • 80% of people will read your
• But only 20% of those people will
read the rest of your content!
Has an amazing headline.
9. It’s all about the “like,” retweet, pin, +1, etc…
EVERY SINGLE POST NEEDS A PIN-WORTHY PHOTO
10. Social media help content get
indexed faster and shows
Tweeting cuts indexation time by 50% and reduces the
time it takes Googlebot to find your content from 2 hours to
WhiteFire, an SEO Company
11. DOES NOT TAKE FOREVER TO LOAD
12. THE PINTRISTIFICATION &
INSTAGRAMIZATION OF CONTENT
If you like it, then you should have put
a filter on it.
13. 7 APPS FOR CREATING GREAT
VISUALS FROM YOUR PHONE
3. News Booth
14. Photos on
More Likes Than
Even though it takes more work, post native
photos on Facebook.
iPhone Photography: The Visual Guide
By @alliworthington ($5.00)
• Never, ever zoom
• Don’t be a flasher.
• Light matters
• Use editing apps
16. 5 to 10 posts a day is ideal,
and don’t forget social shares
Guest contributors. Curate. Aggregate. Original.
17. EDITORIAL CALENDAR
Check out Evernote, Tracky or, a
plug-in on WordPress
• Headline: optimized for search, compelling, no more than 100
characters (approximately two sentences)
• Teaser / subhead / lead / nut graph: optimized for search, link
to access main story content, bold key words and phrases
• Front page photo: square image, cropped, re-sized
appropriately: .JPG, .png or .GIF
• Full article main photo: 600 x 600, center
20. Photo + Video + Audio + Written
Instagram = 15 seconds; Vine = 6 seconds
21. Make sure your content works on mobile
and tablet devices
22. FREE TOOL*!!!
*okay, only for 7 days
23. SOMETIMES, IT BREAKS
ALL OF THE RULES
“According to Alexa, Reddit generates more traffic
than The New York Times, Fox News and Skype,
with approximately 70 million unique visitors a month
and around five billion page views.”
-Jay Caspian King, New York Times
24. • IFTTT
• Do Share
Use workhacks to optimize output and
automate, where appropriate
25. Get your email list up and
running, like now.
Use a service, like Marketo,
Mailchimp or Eloqua
27. To schedule a meeting with Sarah, email