28. #2: Facebook post. Link to espnW.com/shareables tile.No barriers. http://espnW.com/shareables
29. #3: Twitter. Tweet quote + short link to espnW.com/shareables tile.
30. #4: Pinterest.com/espnW. Boards mirror site nav.
31. #4: Pinterest.com/espnW. Links drive back to espnW.com/shareables/pin
32. #5: Sign up for daily emailed image. Links to espnW.com/shareables/pinThe 100 WorkoutThe 100 WorkoutespnW
33. #6: SMS. Sign up for daily texted quote + short link to espnW.com/shareables tile.
34. #7: espnW.com p1 Module
35. #8: Content Syndication: Shareables Photo Module +Photo Stream via ESPN Photo API
36. #3the content ﬂow.
37. #3the content ﬂow.All 43 tiles posted on Day1.Pinterest.com/espnW #ColdList PinboardTiles post 1/day. Link back to espnW.com/ColdListTiles post 1/day.Tried links to espnW.com/ColdList &Pinboard.Tiles uploaded & tweeted 1/day as Twitter Photos.Tried with and without links to espnW.com/ColdList.Infographics seeded on sub-reddits.
38. ShareablesAll Categories PopularespnW.com
39. #4Decide how toMEASURESUCCESS.
40. #4EXAMPLE:Is your primary measure of successpage views?Social interactions? Which platform?Put a stake in the ground.(the 1st time you’re taking a chance)
41. #42 Main GoalsofThe Cold List1.) Put structurein place for salespartnership.2.) Page views toespnW.com/ColdList
42. #5Launch.ITERATE.Change stuff that isn’t working.Optimize stuff that is.
44. #6Do aPOSTMORTEM.TAKE THETIME.
45. #6POSTMORTEM FINDINGSWHAT WORKED:1. Pinterest tiles drive LINKS to W.com/ColdList page.2. Uploading Cold List tiles as Twitter Photos.3. Reddit sub-boards drove tons of traffic (more...)4. Driving to the URL was on-point. Our partners will‘own’ a skinnable environment there.5. Making each tile a page view on the site.6. Site sharing is simple. Good UX.7. Using SHAREABLE OBJECTS to drive to SITECONTENT.
46. #6POSTMORTEM FINDINGSWHAT DIDN’T:1. Our initial goals for increase in Facebook Likes wastoohigh.2. Also think that goal was off-base to begin with.3. Content ﬂow from platforms was off at ﬁrst.4. We can better optimize adjacent content on W.com.5. Need to seed these with more ‘affiliates’ and packageout.SPLITTING OUR GOALS ALWAYS HURTS US.
47. WHAT WASUNEXPECTED?:#6POSTMORTEM FINDINGS
48. TEAMS POSTING TO FB(this is the BU Women’s LAX Team--posted unasked)
49. REDDIT Traffic to espnW.Sub-reddits drove 34% of external traffic to espnW.com/ColdList!#6
50. Tiles with text no photos workedbest.#6
51. Most popular...#6We made up the saying.Stock photo diamond.
52. #7ADJUST YOURBENCHMARKS.ADJUST YOURRESOURCES.USE YOUR FINDINGS TO...
53. #8DOCUMENT.CREATE A HOW-TOGUIDE TO KEEPTHE ‘GEARS’ IN PLACEFOR THE NEXT TIME.
54. #8The angry eagle documentation test.If an enormous angryeagle swooped downto kidnap youtomorrow:Would your team beable to replicate yoursocial contentprogram?THAT, my friend, is the question.
55. How to buildreskinnablecontentpackagesThe end of theONE-OFFkatie richman -@espn_prodgirl