Engage NYC 2013: Jennifer Lashua, IntelPresentation Transcript
• What time of day does Intel get maximum engagement on
• Facebook insights data comparing posts at different times
of day across 2 quarters
• Measure likes, comments, shares
• Best time: early morning (PT)
• Facebook community manager adjusts posting schedule
• How can we efficiently drive traffic to a partner’s
• # of clicks, # of impressions, Cost Per
Impression, Cost Per Click-through
• Entertaining lists are an effective way to engage
an audience and deliver click throughs
• Share this list multiple times via Intel social
networks; replicate list formats.
• Which unique hashtags create maximum social
engagement on Twitter?
• Tweet-level data: RTs, fav’s, @replies with specified
• #microhistory is a top-performer. Including certain
words and hashtags limits performance.
• Concentrate tweet-writing on broad tech
#microhistory facts and other successful hashtags.
• What factors contribute to a successful tweet?
• Tweet-level data: RTs, fav’s, @replies
• Parse data by content type, topic, type of hashtags, tweet
length, # of hashtags, day and time of tweet
• Images, entertaining graphics, shocking facts perform well.
• Shorter is better. “Clutter” diminishes performance.
• Create more tweets reflecting our best practices.
• Use but don’t over-use top hashtags.