2. How this came about…<br />Sebastian Lazell watches Stephen Fry talk fondly of the quirky Australian biscuit, ‘Tim Tam’ at his Sydney show and indentifies a golden opportunity tointroduce Stephen to Streets Golden Gaytime…<br />page. 2<br />
3. The next day Unilever calls its digital agency, Soap Creative, and PR consultancy, Res Publica, with the question… “How do we introduce Stephen to Golden Gaytimes?”<br />Soap identified that Twitter was the most effective and suited social media platform, @Stephenfry being one of the most twitter loving of all celebs. <br /> <br />Res Publica recommended that if Golden Gaytime product could be delivered to Stephen in a fun way, there was a good chance he would tweet about it. <br /> <br />Working together the two agencies put the plan into action.<br />
4. Soap’s original tweet. Tactic being to plant the seed and get this on Stephen’s radar.<br />page. 4<br />
5. After some detective work to track down Stephen’s publicist and locate his hotel, Res Publica arranged a Golden Gaytime package to be hand-deliveredto him by the hotel concierge on behalf of Streets. <br />The pack included a personal note from Sebastian, a Gaytime t-shirt and plenty of Golden Gaytimes. <br />page. 5<br />
6. Stephen sent out two tweets, complete with twitpics to his 1.6million followers!<br />http://twitter.com/stephenfry/status/19809658656<br />http://twitter.com/stephenfry/status/19809753352<br />
7. Stephen’s Golden Gaytime pictures have been viewed more than 50,000 times at Twitpic!<br />http://twitpic.com/29noxb<br />http://twitpic.com/29nocx<br />Figures as of 11.30am, July 30th<br />
8. Google listing over 230 mentionsof the tweet across the web.<br />Figures as of July 30th<br />
9. Pic and tweet then syndicated on Gaytime Facebookprofile!More than 37,000 impressions of the post served to more than 58,000 fans.<br />http://www.facebook.com/gaytime<br />
10. As social media measurement is still developing its tricky/near impossible to pull the magic one reach and engagement figure, so below are some highlights:<br /><ul><li>Over 50,000 views of Stephen’s 2 Gaytime pictures.
11. Over 230 web results containing his Gaytime tweets.
12. FB Profile served 38,810 impressions of the tweet & pic.(unable to quote an actual ‘view’ or ‘unique view’ figure)
13. The missing figures that unfortunately we can be sure enough to quote on are, amount of people who retweeted his original tweets and the amount of viewers to his original tweet and subsequent retweetsreceived.</li></li></ul><li>To further leverage the successon Twitter, Res Publica pitched news of Stephen Fry’s love for Golden Gaytime to traditional media. <br />Coverage was secured in mX Sydney, Saturday Sydney Morning Heraldand theSun-Herald, with a combined circulation of almost 842,000. <br />