1. ABOUT STARTUP VILLAGE
Startup Village is a not-for-profit business incubator based in Kochi, Kerala.
Started in April 2012, the organization’s aim is to launch many technology
startups and start the search for the next billion-dollar Indian company.
It focuses primarily on student startups and telecom innovation.
2. ABOUT STARTUP VILLAGE
• It is India’s first incubator that is funded jointly by the public and private
• As of October 2013, Startup Village has incubated 450 startups.
• The promoters of Startup Village are Department of Science and
Technology, Government of India, Technopark, Trivandrum and Mob
ME Wireless. Kris Gopalakrishnan, co-founder of Infosys and an IT
entrepreneur from Kerala, is the chief mentor at Startup Village.
• Startup Village provides members with workspace, high-speed Internet
connection, legal and intellectual property services and access to investors
3. InnOVATIVE PROdUcTS In STARTUP
• EduTab offers a standalone solution that runs in a tablet
like an operating system connecting students and
teacher via wireless network inside an interactive learning
• Fin is a wearable device hardware product which looks like a ring
and it can be fitted into the thumb. There is a bulged portion
to accommodate touch sensor inside it. These sensors detect
taps, swipes and identify various parts of your palm by
calculating the distance moved by the thumb.
• Vibe is a plugin used to get all the information you need
to know about your email contacts right at your
6. MicrowaVe android
• MAID is the world’s first Android powered
microwave oven. The device holds unlimited number
of Internet recipes in the cloud that can be
downloaded into the microwave
7. Rating the innovation on a scale of 0 to 5 (5 Being the highest score) on each
of the parameters outlined in the sandbox , the self assessment scores are
Capacity to Scale up
Ensuring Social Equity
Creating new Price-performance
Fair & transparent transactions &
Respecting rule of law & Individual
8. Stage – 2 CKP’s SANDBOX