On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Siuli Seal quiz 2012 prelims with answersPresentation Transcript
SEULI SEAL QUIZ2012
PRELIM ROUNDTotal Questions: 30No negative marking.Mix of dry, audio, video and 2-part questions.Questions 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 are star- marked questions, acting as tiebreakers.In case of a tie still existing, additional questions will be given to the contesting teams.
2. IDENTIFY THE ACTOR WHOSE NAMEHAS BEEN BLANKED OUT.
LATE DEV ANAND
3.X is the oldest business school inIndia, founded in 1949 by FatherQuinn Enright, S.J. and is constantlyrated among the top 5 in India. TheChairman of the Board of Governorsfor X is B. Muthuraman the Ex-Managing Director of Tata Steel.Name X.
XAVIER LABOUR RESEARCHINSTITUTE (XLRI)
4. FROM THE WORLD OF LITERATURE, WHOIS THIS BRAVE GIRL?
5. WHICH PLACE?
6. WHO IS THE PRESENT DUCHESSOF CAMBRIDGE?
7. INSPIRATION FORWHAT BOTTLE OFBEVERAGE?
8. FLAG OF WHICH RECENTLY FORMEDCOUNTRY?
AB DE VILLIERS
10. WHICH MUSICAL INSTRUMENT ISTHIS?
11.In which computer game wouldyou come across enemies calledBlinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde?
12. AND NOW FROM THE WORLD OFFAIRY TALES. WHO IS THIS OLD MAN?
13.This anamorphic painting (picture in thenext slide) was gifted by a street artist toX, a famous Indian on his birthday. Theartist promised to reveal the sense behindit to X. However, X died at the age of 89 inSwitzerland and the secret was revealedlater. The painting now resides in afamous museum in India.ID X.
14. This word in Tamil means“murderous rage”. Which latestsensation are we talking about?
15. An ad for which famous brand? TWIST LICK DUNK
16. IDENTIFY THIS AUTHOR.
17.For the year 2011, Foreign Policymagazine has named him among top 100global thinkers. He has been ranked as themost influential person in Mumbai by anational daily newspaper.
18.The Belgian’s real name is GeorgeProsper Remi. What creation do weremember of his?
20. SHE IS THE HEAD OF THEGOVERNMENT OF WHICH COUNTRY?
ANGELA MERKEL, CHANCELLOR OFGERMANY
21.What are OakShaft, Moontimmer, Silver Arrow,Firebolt, Tinderblast , Swiftstick, Shooting Starand Trigger all types of?
HARRY POTTER’S BROOMSTICKS!
22. A NAUGHTY ONE. WHO ARE THIS PAIR? WHICHCOMIC STRIP IS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND IT?
DENNIS THE MENACE
23.The Greeks have the longest and theJapanese have the shortest. Ours is 52seconds. Guess what?
24. WHY WAS THIS PLACE IN NEWSRECENTLY?
BUDDHA INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT, DELHIWHERE INDIAN F1 GRAND PRIX WAS HELD
25. WHERE WILL THE 2014 FIFA WORLDCUP BE HELD?
26. National Science Day is celebrated in India on February 28 every year to mark the discovery of ______ effect by Sir _______. The event is commemorated in honour of Sir ______for his legacy and discovery of the ______effect on February 28, 1927, for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930. Fill in the blank.
27.Mascot of which Indian organisationwhich also happens to be the largestemployer in the world?
28. Other than the UEFA Champions League Final, El Clásico is the most followed club football match in the world, watched by hundreds of millions of people. El Clásico refers to rivalry between which two football clubs?
REAL MADRID CF VS FC BARCELONA
29. WHOSE VOICE?
30. WHAT IS THIS COLLEGE DROPOUTBIGGEST CONTRIBUTION TO THE WORLDOF INTERNET SOCIALIZING?
TIME FOR THE FINALS!
It is an ancient system of aestheticsbelieved to use the laws of bothHeaven (astronomy) and Earth(geography) to help one improve lifeby receiving positive Qi.The term literally translates as "wind-water" in English. Identify.