1. Digital Age Leadership Samantha Morra Techspo 2013 Twitter: @sammorra
2. Leading & Learning"Technology has added a new level of responsibility for school leaders.Many consider themselves unprepared or unqualified to identify andintegrate technology in their own practice. It is important to move pastany reservations and discomforts to prepare students for the futuresthey deserve. Now is the time for educational leaders to focus theconversation on how technology fits within their classrooms to bestmeet their students’ needs. If we want our children to be competitive ona global level in the 21st century, we need to be visibly using andtalking about these tools for learning and teaching."The future is already here, and we have to welcome theopportunities it brings to reshape instruction.5 Considerations for Digital Age Leaders: What Principals and District Administrators Need to Know about TechIntegration Today, Leading & Learning with Technolgy, December/January 2009–10
3. Web 2.0/Social Media“A whole new Web is emerging from the wildsof cyberspace.Its no longer all about idly surfing andpassively reading, listening, or watching.Its about doing: sharing, socializing,collaborating, and, most of all creating.”
4. Shift Happens
5. Technology is Ubiquitous
6. Question? How do the changesin our information & social landscape change how we lead in the digital age?
7. Why look at Social MediaTechnology is ubiquitous.CommunicationCollaborationBranding
9. Fear of Mistakes
10. Social Media - UsesInstructionSchool PrideProfessional DevelopmentCommunity OutreachGlobal Awareness
11. Lets Start With Twitter
12. Twitter is a free Web 2.0 socialnetworking service that allows users tosend and receive messages known as tweets.
13. USERNAME AVATAR FULL NAMEFOLLOWERSFOLLOWING PROFILE TWEET MENTION HASHTAG
14. The Language of Twitter @ Reply sent to a specific person but visible to all. RT Re-Tweet or resending another persons tweet.Retweets are an extremely important part of twitter because it allows interesting ideas and news items to spread quickly. D Direct message in private to a specific person. You can only DM a person who is following you. # Hashtag designating a topic as in #techspo
15. Why Use Twitter
16. Twitter for communication
17. Twitter for Professional Growth
18. Why I Value TwitterMy PLN - Personal Learning NetworkSearch for InformationReflective PracticeGlobal and Local PerspectivesInstant FeedbackNewsroomShowcaseProfessional DevelopmentTogether We Are Better
19. Who should you follow?Start with conferences you attend:https://twitter.com/NJASANewsor speakers/authors you are inspiredby:https://twitter.com/PogueFollow hashtags:#techspo
20. Web 2.0/Social Media“A whole new Web is emerging from the wildsof cyberspace.Its no longer all about idly surfing andpassively reading, listening, or watching.Its about doing: sharing, socializing,collaborating, and, most of all creating.”
21. Technology is Ubiquitous Use to teach & foster empathy Empathy as THE 21st Century Skill
22. What is Leadership?
23. What is Leadership? Define leadership in a way that is meaningful to you! Share and learn from others! http://tinyurl.com/whatisleadershiptechspo
24. Remember: Technology is a tool. A good tool in the handsof a caring educator can work magic.