VoIP and video services are very popular but are they making money? What will be the services supplied by the next Skype or Joost? This lecture review the business models of current VoIP and Video services and try to predict future trends in those fields.
VoIP Bizmodel - main problem is the erosion of per minute prices. Solutions include:
* Connection to other people/experts – Kasamba, Bitwine, Jyve and other ClickToCall solutions
* Twitter - Extended Presence/Micro Blogging
* Converged IM and VoIM solutions
* VoIP over Mobile (Fring, iSkoot, EQO)
Issues: Identity management
UGC video - business models is based on advertisement: text advertisement and content wrapping, no personalization or focus. Solutions include:
* No specialization => Specialized videos like 5Min - expert short instructional video – better focus for advertisement
* Content wrapping => Video overly advertisement - a bit better CTR than content wrapping
* Nothing to publish?=>Artificial Content placement, video tagging
* Social discovery web sites
Issues: How to filter content, centralize web search, create personal recommendation platforms, work on all three distribution channels
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.