• A tornado is a violently rotating column of air
that forms from a cumulonimbus cloud aka
• Oldest dated record of a tornado occurred in
• Can occur when a warm front meets a cold
Step 1: when hot, moist air meets cold air
Step 2: A wall cloud is formed by the
downdraft pushing the center to go spiral and
begins to rotate.
Step 3: The rotation forms a funnel like cloud.
The tornado then begins to pick up debris and
is officially classified as a tornado.
How fast do tornadoes travel?
2 kilometers a second
What are three types of tornadoes?
Supercell, Landspout and Gust.
• A tornado is a giant rotating column of hot
air, cold air and debris.
• First recorded tornado in 1884.