BRO - Business Relationship Optimization
Travis Wright | Global Social Media Awesomeizer | Norton | June 20th, 2o13
Who is this Travis Wright dude?
• Stand-up comedian since 1995.
• Web designer & developer since 1996.
• Helped Roll out GTE’s “Superpages.com” in 1997.
• SEO & “Geo-Targeting” business websites since 1998.
• Entrepreneur - Cofounded Multiple Startups
• Global Social Media Awesomeizer – Norton
• Marketing Provocateur. Crowdsourcerer. Trafficologist.
• Bullshit word maker.
• @teedubya on Twitter.
• Facebook Fanpage Likes
• Facebook shares
• Twitter followers
• Tweets including your brand or a link to your website
• Google+ “have you in their circles”
• Slideshare Views
• YouTube Views
• Pinterest Re-pins
• Tumblr Reblogs
• Authority and Influence of those “Bros" sharing your content
Resource: Google Ranking Factors 2012 - Searchmetrics
SOCIAL SIGNALS AFFECT SEO RANKINGS
• Time in the job
• Works directly with
• Daily tasks
• Likes/dislikes about job
• Role in buying process
• Buying stage
UNDERSTAND YOUR BUYERS PERSONAS
• Interview Current Customers
• A/B Testing
• Try Progressive Profiling
• Study Your Web Analytics
• Leverage Your Competition
• Use LinkedIn and other
• Go to Events
RESEARCH YOUR BUYER PERSONAS
Matt Cutts has repeatedly said that quality
content is key to Google rankings, and Bing’s
Duane Forrester reminded marketers that “all
SEO ranking signals revolve around content of
some kind” at SMX Advanced 2011.
Matt Cutts - Google
Duane Forrester - Bing
• Project from CSI Franchise creator Anthony E. Zuiker, looked to do
for cybercrime what CSI did for forensics.
• In partnering with Norton, Zuiker was able to tell his story filled
with authentic details from cybercrime’s real experts, Norton.
• And, in partnering with the world’s #1 crime storyteller, Norton
would be able to reach new audiences; entertaining and educating
them about privacy, loss, and risk.
Character who is a Norton employee
Key scenes taking place at the SOC (pictured)
Visual placements of Norton products in “use”
“Presented By Norton” plays before every episode
Worldwide over 31 Million people watched Cybergeddon
SEO Your Video, BRO.
1. Use a suitable video filename
2. Put Your Keywords First
3. Include Keywords in your Video Voiceover
4. Upload a Transcript file for Video Captions
5. Build an Authoritative YouTube Channel
6. Upload Videos Regularly
7. Respond to Comments on your Videos
8. Create and Use Playlists
9. Encourage Social Signals
10. Build Backlinks to your Videos
Summary Card: Default card, including a title, description, thumbnail, and
Twitter account attribution.
Photo Card: A Tweet sized photo card.
Gallery Card: A Tweet card geared toward highlighting a collection of
App Card: A Tweet card for providing a profile of an application.
Player Card: A Tweet sized video/audio/media player card.
Product Card: A Tweet card to better represent product content.