Can be used in food and beverages and is heat stable, so is ready for baking.
- SINERGISTIC EFFECTS .
If used with sugar or sugar derivatives sweeteners it has a very good synergy.
MARKET SITUATION • Consumers Japan / South Korea: Main consumers in Asia China: consumption is increasing rapidly. Malaysia / India / Egypt: Consumption in these countries is also increasing Brazil: largest consumer in South America Paraguay: largely consumes in all its forms starting with raw leaves Argentina: USA: sales of steviol glycosides as dietary supplement started 10 years ago, as sweetener started last year and is growinv very fast month by month. Australia: Starting to consume in small quantities with a lot of growing potential. Market Production 2.000 mt. steviol glycosides – 90% produced in China 500 mt. Rebaudioside A – 50% produced in Malysia
• Profitable and Income oriented crop Is a crop in high demand and the margin that is left to the farmers is higher than any other crop.
• Fair Traded The price paid to the farmers is secure and is increasing in every harvest
• Family labor intensive The whole family gets involved in the farming process because is labor intensive but in cleaning for instance do not require much effort so kids and woman can help.
• Organic Oriented The traditional way of planting stevia and the way we advise our farmers is oriented to an organic way of growing
• Soil recovery This is such an important technical assistance we give to farmers that otherwise will abandon their land after 5 years of intensive farming
PLANTS • Stevia Criolla (Creole Stevia) Is the native plant that grows from Botanic Seeds. All varities registered in the world come originally from a Criolla selection.
• Clonal Stevia Varieties and Lines This plants are developed during at least 6 years from natural selection of a criolla plant. The search is for a stronger, more rustic and with higher glycoside content plant.
• Planting Is done by inserting the seedlins in the soil in the months of May and June
• Cycles The cycle until the plant is ready for harvesting is 3 months, then every 2 months it can be harvest until next May when the plant rests.
• Harvesting and Drying Stems and leaves are cut from above 5 cms. From the soil and then are dryed under the sun for at least 4 hours. Then leaves are manually separated
• Final Cleaning This process is done at the farmers house where all members of the family try to clean the leaves the best they can as to obtain a better price.
Extracting Stevia • What to extract Steviol glycosides Rebaudioside A • How to extract Different steps Different technologies STEPS The sweetening agents of Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni • Steviol glycosides - Primary processing • Rebaudioside A - Secondary processing Nom du composé Stéviol Stevioside Stéviolbioside Rebaudioside A Rebaudioside B Rebaudioside C = Dulcoside B Rebaudioside D Rebaudioside E Dulcoside A