Hopefully we’ve all tried flickr.If not, it’s a photo hosting and sharing community.
Since flickr is technically a part of social media, some places block it.Visit flickr.mud.yahoo.com to get around this.Explain ME hack in url.
Biggest complaint- can’t reorganize photos in photostream.You can- change date uploaded, NOT date taken.Go to organizr.
2 ways to do this:Edit time/date uploaded in organizr3rd party site (we’ll get to later)
Lots of different ways to search:CAMERA FINDERGreat when looking for a camera upgrade (aren’t we all?)
Often asked for no copyright restrictions/royalty free images.THE COMMONS27 cultural institutions participating.
Perform search, make sure to look for little green circle.Can also search for this in advanced search.
Several built-in methods.
IMAGEKINDMostly prints & framesGreeting cards
BLURBBooks you create using your pictures. Would be great for wedding photographers.
GETTY IMAGESLooking for images to license.Don’t contact them…they’ll contact you!
Seen these around, but never found a link within my side. That link will take you to your own page.
Be sure to take notes here. These are too good to miss.
Oh wait…there’s more!
Get all of the links from the previous three pages here, plus more that I couldn’t fit.
Not going to preview these for you. Try these at home for yourself.
1. Secrets of<br />Social Media Club Columbia<br />September 10, 2009<br />Ashlie K. Conway<br />Music Librarian for Audio & Digital Services,<br />University of South Carolina<br />
3. Blocked from Flickr?<br />http://www.flickr.mud.yahoo.com/photos/me/<br />
4. Reorganizing Photos <br />
5. Reorganizing Photos<br />
6. Searchingfor a New Camera?<br />http://www.flickr.com/cameras/<br />
7. Searching for Royalty-Free Images?<br />
8. Royalty-Free Images<br />
9. Sell Your Photography<br />
10. Sell Photography: QOOP<br />
11. Sell Photography: Imagekind<br />
12. Sell Photography: Blurb<br />
13. Sell Photography: Getty Images<br />How is Getty Images working with Flickr members?<br />Getty Images has an experienced team of editors who are scouring the Flickrverse for public photographs they feel would complement The Flickr Collection on Getty Images. Once the editors find photos they feel are suitable or a licensing request is made for one of the images, they will be contacting the photographer who published it via FlickrMail. <br />If you receive an invitation, congratulations! The note will detail photos that Getty Images editors feel would do well as part of the collection, and it’s up to you to decide whether to proceed with some or all of the images they’re interested in. That will mean signing up as a Getty Images Contributor, and submitting your photos for a comprehensive review (to make sure the file’s large enough, you have model releases – stuff like that).<br />From http://www.flickr.com/help/gettyimages/<br />
15. API & 3rd Party Sites<br />PIMPAMPUMsearches Flickr photos by tag and has a very easy-to-use flash-based interface: it will display photos in a string and show you the larger version once you click on it:<br />Findr performs image search by tag and also gives you the huge list of related tags to refine your search.<br />PiciShare is a Flickr search engine that lets you search by tags or full text; you can also limit the number of images per page and sort the results by relevance, date added or popularity.<br />Airtightinteractive.com tool displays the images based on your tag choice and also suggests more related tags.<br />Flump - simple application that allows your to download all of the public photos for a specific Flickr account.<br />Compfight – uses Flickr’s API to search the database of photos and then feeds back the results as live clickable thumbnails.<br />FoldrMonitr – a free tool that runs in the background and watches a selected folder (and optionally subfolders) waiting for you to add photos to it. When photos appear in the folder, FoldrMonitr automatically uploads them to your Flickr account for you.<br />Phlogre – is Photo Organizer for local photos and flickr photos. Meant to replace the official Flickr Uploadr.<br />Flishr– is a primer application to Download, Upload and Search photos from one central command console on your PC.<br />PicMarkr – lets you to add custom watermark (image or text) to your images online and free.<br />Flickr Hive Mind – is a data mining tool for the Flickr photography database, allowing search by: metadata tags; Flickr photography groups; Flickr users, contacts, and favorites; text annotation; the Flickr Explore algorithm for interestingness.<br />Merkitys�Meaning – application for Symbian S60 smart phones that automatically adding contextual information and allows one click publishing from your phone to your Flickr account.<br />Flickr Cover Flow– A cover flow slideshow ala iTunes for your Flickr photos.<br />nFlickrViewer – SimpleViewer with full Flickr thumbnail and full-image support<br />Flickriver – it allows viewing Flickr photos as an infinite �river of photos�. Also has new ways to explore and view Flickr photographs.<br />GratePic – a cross platform tool for posting, commenting and rating photos on flickr.<br />Flickr photo owner finder – Helps find who took a particular Flickr photo that you have saved.<br />Fireflix – a flickruploader / manager extension for Firefox web browser.<br />Statr for Flickr – collects data through api calls and allows you to track and plot page views statistics for your Flickr account.<br />imageloopR– Get your favourite Flickr photos in your slideshow.<br />Smark – fast ajax interface for tagging pictures on Flickr.<br />rTagger – helps organize your Flickr photo collection by allowing you to modify tags offline.<br />Desktop Flickr Organizer for Gnome – The application allows online/offline mode management of your photos. You can upload, search and download photos, through the easy to use interface.<br />flickrSLiDR – allows you to easily embed the classic flickr slideshows on your website or blog.<br />Dojo/Flickr Image Gallery – an Ajax image gallery built on top of Dojo Ajax Toolkit.<br />Original Size of Flickr Photo – Insert Flickr photo ID and retrieve original size URL of image.<br />Invitr – allows you to specify one (or more) private pictures to be shown to as many/little people as you want.<br />Flickr Anywhere – allows you to put flickr in your myspace account or on any webpage with just a quick search. It takes all your public flickr photos and displays them in a compact flash player.<br />Flickr Notifier – a RSS notifier that displays images. The pictures pop up on your desktop in real time.<br />AlphaLearnr – Flickr Mashup which helps children to learn English Alphabet through photos.<br />Mosaica – is a customizable screensaver with a content generated by users of flickr.<br />Flickr4Writer – is a simple plugin for Windows Live Writer that enables a user to browse a Flickr user repository and insert an image from Flickr into a Writer post. Application of this tool in Flickr4Outlook and Flickr4Word<br />UploadrXL – is a program to upload one or more images to Flickr and add them immediately to your Sets of Groups.<br />Pictobrowser – widget to display flickr photos on your blog.<br />Flickr set manager – allows you to automatically create new sets on flickr based on various criteria such as interestingness, date posted and tags, or even from a random set of photographs.<br />The Most Interesting Pictures By – displays the most interesting pictures of a flickr user.<br />Gickr – create an animated Gif from your Flickr photos<br />GMiF – embeds a Google Maps in Flickr photo page and displays where the photo was taken on the maps, if the photo is geotagged.<br />
16. API & 3rd Party Sites<br />Most Interesting Pictures – Enter Flickr username to see their most interesting pictures.<br />FlickrWallpaper – is a simple desktop wallpaper changer that downloads photos based on tags from flickr.<br />FlickrSavr – downloads images based on the criteria specified and creates a slideshow of images and titles.<br />Flickrmap – Put a flash based world map on your own website or blog.<br />Embedded Flickr Slideshows – All that�s needed is a bit of code to embed them within your website to give your readers something dynamic.<br />Flickr hack: All Sizes for all pics – The public API gives directions for constructing the url of any photo based on information in the HTML of every photo page.<br />Flickrfs Virtual Flickr Filesystem – Create a virtual userspacefilesystem which allows easy uploading/downloading/searching of images through flickr.<br />Projects on the construction of identity and flickr – a series of three projects investigating what constitutes the self. egoshotr, fixr and mixrrr<br />WordPress Flickr Post Bar plugin – easily insert your Flickr photos into your blog posts.<br />Phlickr – is an open source PHP5 based api kit used to access the Flickr API.<br />Flickr AutoDownloadr – view Flickr photos in a fullscreen slideshow (Windows). Handy for showing off photos to a group of friends with a laptop and TV.<br />Flickratr – vote from 1-10 for different flickr images.<br />KFlickr – A standalone Flickr.com uploader for KDE<br />FAlbum – a Wordpressplugin that allows you to display your Flickr photos and photosets on your site.<br />Flickr Album Maker – Make photoalbums using Flickr photos. Based on the php tools by Oberkampf.<br />flickrRSSPlugin – This plugin for WordPress allows you to display a flickr style badge (for a tag, user, user tag or group pool) on your WordPress site.<br />Flickr Greasemonkey Scripts – a huge collection of scripts that modify and enhance Flickr.<br />EgoWalk – see geographically where all your Flickr contacts live in the United States on a Yahoo! map.<br />flickrsavr.py – is a python script that automates the process of saving the URLs (of public photos), and also saves a local copy of thumbnails, and stores descriptions, dates, and tags in a database.<br />Photo Comment Tool – One-click grab and publish any Flickr photo into a Flickr photo comment stream or forum post.<br />BreadKrumbs – Build instant page to page journeys across Flickr photos. Also works as a good group promotion tool.<br />Loopy – a desktop screensaver application that loops and shows flickr pictures at random.<br />Flickr Sets RSS – Created RSS streams for sets of a user on Flickr.<br />Flapper – is a Flash 8 interface for Flickr.<br />Flickeur – �retrieves random images from Flickr.com and creates a stream-of-consciousness type of video clip�.<br />Findr – Find photos on flickr by browsing and refining related tags.<br />Wickr – is a widget for browsing through photos on Flickr. You can browse by supplying tags or by giving a Flickr user’s username or email.<br />Tickr- scrolls images on your desktop until flickr runs out of images to show you which match the tags you’ve specified.<br />Tagnautica – is an experimental navigation tool built to explore the space of related Flickr tags.<br />Clockr – see the current time with flickrphotos.The Flickr image urls will be stored locally, refreshed every three days to save bandwidth and speed up the start-up time.<br />Retrievr – lets you search for photos on flickr by drawing sketches of them.<br />Slickr – Flickr screensaver shows images from a user, group, tags, etc. from Flickr.<br />Gnickr – manage photos on your Flickr site as if they were local files on your Gnome desktop.<br />Captioner – add comic captions for your flickr photos<br />Flapi – an open source Flash image gallery that uses Flickr to manage the images.<br />Daily Zeitgeist – displays recent photos from Flickr on your website. Built in Flash.<br />Wikinews Flickr License Searcher – searches flickr for images licensed under a specific license. Meant to help users of Wikinews find free images for use on the site.<br />Yahoo Widgets for Flickr – get flickr related widgets on your desktop after downloading the Yahoo! Widget Engine.<br />QuickrFlickr – a quicker way to generate HTML code of Flickr pictures for use in Xanga, other blogs, or any HTML Page.<br />CloudTagFlickr – This script pulls your tags from flickr, and arranges them in a number of ways according to the relative counts of the given tags.<br />FlickrBuddy – See and download the most interesting pictures of your flickr contacts.<br />
17. API & 3rd Party Sites<br />Or just visit these:<br />http://flickrtools.com/ (145)<br />http://www.flickrbits.com/ (181)<br />http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2005/03/great-flickr-tools-collection/ <br />(I can’t count this high!)<br />
18. Fun!<br />Add “?snow=1” at the end of a photo page's URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashlie_conway/3608659537/?snow=1 <br />Have you seen the Panda?http://www.flickr.com/explore/panda <br />What happens when I go here? http://www.flickr.com/do/ <br />