Mission is to provide high caliber social media and online marketing training to business owners and professionals so that they may thrive in the internet world. Where we distinguish ourselves is that we cover the full scope of the marketing options and tie them together with business strategy.
Bannerbrokers.com, valueclick.com, eads.com
1. July 27, 2012Welcome•Please silence your phones•Please leave emails until after the meeting•Enjoy yourself and let’s learn!•Thank you Karen Fisher and Nova Home Loans!
2. Dale DillonFounder and PartnerMichael GrayPartnerSMART Team Sherif Morgan Aaron EdenDeborah Munoz-ChaconMaster Mind MemberDanielle Lips www.onlinebizSMARTs.comMedia Assistant
4. Question: The thing happening inmy business right now that is really exiting is: __________________________
5. • Why Business Strategy• Lean Canvas Framework• Where are my customers?
6. Why Business Strategy?
7. 30 page strategic plan?
8. Customer focus, not product focus• Lean Canvas provides – One-page business plan or “business model validation tool” – Distills the essence – Follow numbered sequence – In Cost Structure, add overhead cost or allocation
9. Lean Canvas
10. ABC Toy Company• Top 1 to 3 problems that need to be solved – Fun toy that provides appropriate stimulation for a child with disabilities. – Fun toy that provides conceptual learning for a child with disabilities. – Fun toy that is safe.
11. ABC Toy Company• Customer segments – Family – User – Teachers/Therapists
12. ABC Toy Company• Unique Value proposition –We design and sell toys for children with special needs.
13. Where are my customers?
14. To Wrap Up• In social media, you want to connect and interact with your customers. So where are they and how do you interact with them?• Don’t forget to distinguish between customers and users. The customer pays for the product.• Split into smaller customer segments• So once you really understand your customer, you can pinpoint where they hang out and how to talk with them. You will also understand what information they will find engaging and helpful. These are key to having a successful social media strategy.
15. Homework• Who buys _________________• Who uses _____________________• Who influences (refers) _____________