Gas Laws 12.2
Variables you need to know
- P = pressure exerted by the gas
- T = temperature in Kelvin
- n = number of moles of gas
- (Oh yes, you will need mole island.)
- Deals with pressure and volume .
- As pressure increases, volume decreases. The opposite is also true.
- Deals with temperature and volume .
- An increase in temperature will cause an increase in volume. The opposite is also true.
- Deals with pressure and temperature .
- Increased temperature = increased pressure. The opposite is also true.
- Gas volume is directly proportional to the number of moles of gas at the same temperature and pressure.
- The problem is volume changes with temperature and pressure.
- STP 0 0 C and 1 atmosphere
- You will have to use mole island to convert volume (Liters) & moles.