Writers usually spend 80% of their time researching before they begin writing.
Goal of the email
What has worked in the past?
"On average, only 20 percent is spent writing; the other 80 percent is research. I go deep into the product or service I'm writing about, as well as the audience I'm writing to. I look at current e-mails that are working for the client, as well as competitive information. ” Pat Friesen, Target Marketing
The most effective way to communicate a message or idea is to use the active voice. The active voice focuses on the subject rather than how the subject is being acted upon, creating a more powerful image or idea.
Below are some examples of the active and passive voice:
We're happy to announce that there are now over 20 new product categories on our site. Best of all, more categories are still being added every day.
We're happy to announce that you can now shop in over 20 new product categories -- and we're adding more products every day.
You've been selected for a special discount on any of the following products:
Buy any of the below products at a special discount: