For your holiday reading list, Smaato gathered market data for the three strongest regions in mobile marketing: the USA, Europe and Asia. The trends show market analysis published by leading market research companies.
The key findings are:
- The US is the second largest market globally in terms of mobile advertising spending behind Japan. It will close the gab next year with a forecast of $2 billion!
- Asia is still the leader in mobile advertising and will proceed being the strongest market in terms of ad spending.
- In Asia more than 15 billion page impressions are being generated on a daily basis in mobile.
- The top 5 European countries (UK, Italy, France, Germany, Spain) will see a huge increase in mobile ad spending.
- By 2017 these “Big Five” are estimated to reach up to 160 million mobile internet users. The “Big Five” will reach the $1 billion mobile ad spend approximately in 2014.