1. Facebook Applications & You Naval OPSEC Support Team (NOST) Navy Information Operations Command (NIOC) (757) 417-7100 DSN 537 OPSEC@navy.mil www.nioc-norfolk.navy.mil www.facebook.com/NavalOPSEC www.youtube/navalOPSEC
2. Facebook Applications Privacy SettingsTo access the privacy and applications settings for your Facebook account navigate to the Privacy Settings tab under the Account tab of your Facebook profile.
3. Facebook Applications Privacy SettingsFrom this page you can modify your privacy and application settings.To change the personal information applications are able to access click on the Applications and Websites link on the bottom left side of your screen.
4. Facebook Applications Privacy SettingsFrom this page you have a number of privacy options. Take the time to navigate through the different setting options and make changes accordingly. From this page you can also preview what your Facebook profile looks like when people search for you online.To manage what profile information applications your friends use can access select the edit settings tab to the right of the Info accessible through your friends field.
5. Facebook Applications Privacy SettingsFrom this screen you can control what personal account information applications your friends use are able to access about you.
6. Facebook Applications Privacy SettingsBack at the Applications, Games and Websites page you also have the option to preview what your Facebook profile looks like when people search for you online. Public search controls whether people who enter your name in a search engine will see a preview of your Facebook account. By disabling this feature your Facebook profile will not be included in search engines.
7. Facebook Applications Privacy SettingsAnother option you have is a Block List. To access the Block List navigate to the Privacy page and select Block List.
8. Facebook Applications Privacy SettingsFrom the Block Lists page you have several options to choose from. You can block people, application and event invites and view applications that you have blocked. To block an application go to the applications Facebook page and click the Block Application link on the left. Blocking an application means an application cannot access your profile information.
9. Facebook Profile Privacy SettingsTo customize your privacy settings select Customize settings from the Privacy Settings page.
10. Facebook Profile Privacy SettingsFrom here you have the option to customize privacy settings for your Facebook account. Familiarize yourself with the different settings available and revisit this page from time to time as privacy options do change. For instance, have you checked your settings since Facebook Places was added? See the highlighted portion for privacy settings for Places.
11. Facebook Profile Privacy SettingsMore available privacy settings. A setting most users miss, the “check-in” feature on Facebook, is something that your Friends can do for you. To disable this feature click Edit Settings by Friends can check me into Places and change the status from Enabled to Disabled. This will disable your friends ability to “check-in” locations for you using the Facebook Places application.
12. Questions?This presentation is just a quick over view of some of the privacy options available on Facebook. We encourage users to familiarize themselves with the different privacy and account settings options that are available.Questions, need more information, would like information about a different topic? Let us know, we Naval OPSEC Support Team are happy to provide. email@example.com 757-417-7100 www.facebook.com/NavalOPSEC www.youtube.com/naval OPSEC