1. Leading Edge Attendee Acquisition StrategiesJennifer Divelbiss, Director Marketing, Radiological Society of North America Amy Goetz, Senior Director, Marketing and Communications, SmithBucklin Corporation Sam Lippman, President, Lippman Connects
2. Agenda• Welcome• Introductions• Identify New Markets• Attendee Retention• Questions
3. Sam provides executive level consulting to the convention and exhibition industry in the areas of strategic planning, marketing and management. He is also a trained facilitator who helps event producers, venues and cities understand their market position and determine their future plans. Prior to staring Lippman Connects, Sam was the Vice President of GASC producing GRAPH EXPOSam Lippman and PRINT; the Staff Vice President producingFounder & CES and Manager of the National ComputerPresident Conference. Sam started his career with GESLippman Connects in 1977, producing shows in Chicago, Detroit and New York City.
4. Lippman Connects Events
5. Find. Attract. Retain. Grow.
6. • 20+ years strategic planning, marketing and communications in industries including: Healthcare | Higher Education Financial Services | Airlines Real Estate • Conferences/Tradeshows/Events • Customer/Member acquisition andJennifer Divelbiss retentionDirector - Marketing • Market research and analyticsRadiological Society of • Web development, social media,North America (RSNA) online and e-communications • Brand recognition and creative services • Public and community relations and corporate communications • Joined RSNA in 2010
7. • 25+ years conference/education marketing and communications, public relations and publishing • Joined SmithBucklin in 1996 • Has served 30+ association clients – America’s Beauty Show – Mid American Horticultural Trade Show – The Car Wash Show – American Society for Bone & MineralAmy Goetz ResearchSenior Director – SIGGRAPH (Computer Graphics)Marketing & CommunicationsSmithBucklin Corporation • Corporate Events – Hewlett Packard – Sterling Software/Sterling Commerce
8. Indentify New Markets• International Market Research• In-country Partners• Identify New Markets• Exhibitors Partners
9. Identify New Markets – AAR Poll: 62% have international partners & 33% hire experts in new areas to attract new attendees. – Jacobs Jenner & Kent Poll: 50% research prospects at least yearly & 79% research attendees at least yearly. 33% of show managers provide match-making programs.
10. Attendee Retention• Corporate VIP Program• Mobile Connect• Audience Gaming
11. Attendee Retention – AAR Poll: 38% have social media lounge on the floor; 7% have attendee loyalty program; 46% have VIP buyers program. – Jacobs Jenner & Kent Poll: 67% not use match-making; 53% use mobile app year round within the year; currently 3% of marcom budget.