1. Interviews in more detailFrom this book, with knowledge on the basics By Holly Powelllearnt from Alan in the interview video, wehave developed our knowledge on creatingprofessional and quality interviews furtherthrough this book/presentation. We’ve learnthow to improve our performance during theinterview (checklists!), and organisationbeing key, as well as learning technical skillswith sound and focus and how to avoid problemsas much as possible (more checklists!)
2. All About Interviews The introduction essentially outlines the extreme importance of ORGANISATION which we will definitely have to master and learn from the mistakes we are sure to make but help us.
3. Sacred Checklist!This list could beused as a checklistfor before andduring location andfilming theinterviews, ourinterview Bible.The paragraphbelow, ‘Get YourselfTogether’ gave mesome reassuranceand confidence.
4. Final PreparationsThis page confirmed theimportance of Travel andagain ORGANISATION, lotsand lots of organisation withequipment and making sureit is all working and is theright equipment (morechecklists!) and assuring thelocation is quiet and nothingwill greatly disturb theinterview process. Such tipsare not just filminginterviews but filming ingeneral.
5. Interviews – specific on soundWe knew sound would be very important when it comes to interviews sothat nothing the interviewee saying, important or not, is lost frombackground noise or is lost due to a technical error, and so we took isupon ourselves to learn more on developing our sound skills and thequality of sound.
7. Interviews – specific on focus Our teacher highlighted the importance of focus in not just interviews but filming in general, whether a deep or shallow focus, we will develop our knowledge on focus as it adds to the professionalism of our documentary as focus can easily throw off a shot and audience e.g. we want attention to be on the interviewee but the focus is causing the background toA basic way of solving focus issues. attract more attention.
8. Lighting and Focus – How they affect eachother.