1. By the Monday 2 nd Grade PAT Class December 2010 New Based on the book, M y Lucky Day by Keiko Kasza
2. From My Lucky Day by Keiko Kasza
3. <ul><li>“ Oh Mr. Bear, you couldn’t possibly eat me! Look at me…I’m filthy and way too small.” </li></ul>“ You are pretty dirty – but I can always clean you up. “ I know! You love to fish in the stream. I can take a bath while you fish and fix us something good to eat to fatten me up and help your great hunger.”
4. The bear and the pig went to the river to wash the pig.
5. While the pig was bathing the bear went into the river to catch a lot of fish for appetizers to make the piggy fatter.
6. The bear and pig returned to bear’s house so that he could prepare the fish for them.
7. Oh, Mr. Bear I feel so much cleaner. I also think that you are a wonderful cook. I just love the way you cooked the fish for us. I feel fatter already. But Mr. Bear I am afraid that as sweet as my personality is, I am not very tasty. I know that bears love honey. Maybe you should rub some sweet, fresh honey on me before you cook me so that I will taste better for you.
8. The bear prepared himself to go out to the beehives.
9. The bear went out to the beehives to get the sweetest honey from the woods. The pig watched the bear and the bees carefully.
10. The bear began rubbing honey on the pig who is laying in the pan.
11. “Oh, that honey rub feels so good” cried the pig! “But do you think I am sweet enough to be eaten?” “I do love sweet things,” said the bear as he licked the extra honey off his fingers. The pig said that he saw a field full of berries on their way back from the stream. “Aren’t berries sweet Mr. Bear?”
12. The bear and pig went outside to pick lots of berries.
13. Then they went back into the house and washed the berries so that they would be clean.
14. The bear is trying to get the berries rubbed onto the pig so he will taste good.
15. “That was so much fun! Let’s play more games,” squealed the pig.
16. The bear and the pig wear playing hide and seek at the woods.
17. The bear is trying to find the pig, during their game of hide and seek.
18. The bear was so tired that he fell down and went right to sleep. The pig skipped all the way home.