Creating New Cultures with Social Media
Photo: "Scott Beale / Laughing Squid"
• What is your identity in the Web?
• How do you tell your story? To whom?
• Presence? Are you very approachable?
XeeSM helps you be more approachable, helps you manage
your social relationships and all your social sites.
• Differentiation is must in our ever more
“Technically Social Media is a variety of tools -
strategically it is a state of mind”, Axel Schultze
WEB 2.0 DNA
EVERYONE is not you, and you are not EVERYONE
• Ethnic origin • Multikulti
• Ethnocentrism • Multinational state
• Cosmopolitanism • Nation-building
• Cultural competence • Nationalism
• Cross-culturalism • Plural society
• Cultural mosaic • Political correctness
• Cultural pluralism • Racial integration
• Global justice • Racialism
• Interculturalism • Multi-Ethnic
• Intercultural competence • Transculturation
• Miscegenation • Multiculturalism without Culture
Culture is Communication
Language What are your interests?
People Who are you
Finnish people wait for their turn
at trafﬁc lights
What is your legal address?
Where do you come from?
Hobbies, Manners,Looks, Appearance...
Standard Identiﬁcation Numbers
People can speak
English but they
prefer their native
Be free to use as
many languages as
It is me in we It is me in we It is me in we It is
me in we It is me in we It is me in we It is me in
• WHAT DO WE
NEED LABELS FOR?
Identiﬁcation - Personalisation
Peer to Peer
Different Media =