Intuit / MIchelle Long: Social Media and Small Business
Using Social Media to Grow Your Business
July 25, 2009
Long for Success
Small Business Town Hall
• What is social media?
• How can it help grow my business?
• Success stories
• Getting started
• Q&A – approx 30 minutes
This is the first of many Long for Success Town Halls
THANK YOU for participating!
• Michelle L. Long, CPA
– Author of Successful
– M. Long Consulting, LLC
• Chris Kim
– Social Marketing
Manager, Intuit Payroll
• Dante Layton
– Dante Layton, Inc.
• Ruth Perryman
– The QB Specialists
What is Social Media?
How can it help me Grow my Business?
• Another marketing method
• Focus on your target market & how to
• Provided useful and relevant content
• Be consistent and persistent
– Create Brand Awareness / Name
– Build Credibility
– Get new clients or customers
Twitter Success Story
• 17,000+ followers (growing about 300/day)
• Clients acquired – Cybertary, Your Virtual
Assistant, affiliate link purchases
• Key Tips
– Don’t just post ads
– Follow everyone back
– Leave room for retweets
How to Engage in
Using an RSS Reader
• What is an RSS Reader?
• A free website or application that aggregates and updates numerous
sites into a single place
• What are the benefits?
• Time Saving: The content comes to you vs. having to visit each site
• Fresh Content: Content is updated in real time
• Easy Organization: Allows you to organize sites into folders, similar to
• What are my choices?
• Web-based (eg, Google Reader)
• Stand-alone app (eg, FeedDemon)
• Plug-in (eg, MS Outlook, Internet Explorer)
How to subscribe
• Click on the “RSS” icon
on a given web page
• 2 ways to subscribe:
1. Often a 1-click option
to add to Google
2. Copy/paste option
• Copy the RSS Feed URL
• Click “New
subscription” or “add
feed” in your reader
• Paste the RSS Feed URL
For a short video on RSS go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0klgLsSxGsU
What to subscribe to?
• News sites
– Create keyword searches such as
• Any other topics of interest
• Community Forums, eg:
– Intuit Community
– Yahoo Answers (keyword searches)
– Other forums you participate in
• Google Alerts
• Do NOT post anything online that you
would not want a customer or client to
• Always maintain your business image at
• Provide useful and relevant information
• Q&A – Request to Speak or type in Chat
– Michelle – email@example.com
– Chris – Chris_kim@intuit.com
– Dante – Dante@dantelayton.com
– Ruth – Ruth@theQBSpecialists.com