1. Smart Bookmarking <ul><li>by: Lori Sheldon </li></ul>
2. Picture it.... you have all of your bookmarks saved on your home computer.
3. Then.... you are at school and wish you had your bookmarks with you.
4. NOW YOU CAN.......... <ul><li>There are websites designed to: </li></ul><ul><li>store your bookmarks </li></ul><ul><li>help you organize them </li></ul><ul><li>share them with others </li></ul>
5. Meet “Social Bookmarking”
6. One of the easiest to use is called delic.io.us
7. Here is how you get started: 1. Go to the delicious website.
8. 2. Create an account.
9. 3. Download the toolbar helpers. When you land on a site that you want to bookmark,you will simply click an icon on your toolbar to save the site.
10. Keeping things organized... TAGS are labels that you assign to different webpages. The purpose if to help you find things quickly. You can assign more than one TAG to a site. Instead of searching through pages of bookmarks.... search by the tags. It will narrow your search.
11. Toolbar helpers: Click this and you will see your bookmarks along the site of your internet browser. Click this to bookmark and add tags to a site. Click this and it will take you to the delicious site with all of your bookmarks.
12. Sharing bookmarks.... Let’s say you find a site that you want to share with your colleagues, you can share it with them right on delicious. You need one thing... their name on delicious.
13. Click “NETWORK” and “ADD A USER TO NETWORK”
14. Add “USERNAME”
15. This is helpful because: 1. You can share bookmarks with someone else. 2. You can search their bookmarks.
16. Want more help? The delicious site has more information and tutorials.