3. • Visual Representation on Your Company
• Profile Picture
▫ Display: 160 x160 pixels. Upload: 180 x 180 pixels. (New page design has slight changes)
▫ Cheat sheet: http://www.jonloomer.com/2014/01/20/facebook-image-dimensions/
▫ Humanize your business by having a person in your image – unless you are a known brand
with a recognizable logo.
• Cover Image
▫ Display 851 x 315 pixels. Upload: At least 399 pixels wide.
▫ Change often – each time you do it goes out into the newsfeed of your fans.
▫ Be creative - showcase all kinds of aspects of your brand, products and services. Include
contact info, a call to action and more!
▫ 9 Do's and Don'ts for Creating Outstanding Facebook Cover Photos [+Free Templates]
▫ How to: Put curser over photo – Click Edit Profile Picture or Change Cover
Profile Picture & Cover
4. • About section appears on your page, just below your profile picture and on the left
column in the new design.
• Keep it concise, and add a call to action and a URL.
• To get to your expanded About section, visitors/fans need to click on the separate
• Possible About fields to fill out: (Leave field blank if you don’t want it to display.)
▫ Company Overview
• How to: Click About under profile picture – Click Edit Button next to section - Save
5. Vanity URL
• Customize the long URL that Facebook assigns your page to something
short and relevant to your business like http://facebook.com/disney.
• Great for branding, SEO, and “findability.”
• Some types of pages may require a minimum of 25 fans before you can
secure a username or “vanity URL.”
• How to: Edit Page – Update Page Info – Facebook Web Address
6. • 3 Apps are displayed
• Up to 12 allowed in Apps Section
• Be creative & display the best Apps for your business
• Displays next to About Section (left column with
new design, example http://facebook.com/guy)
• Change Apps as needed
• Examples of Apps:
▫ Our Blog
▫ Contest or Giveaway
▫ Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram or other Social Sites
▫ Join Email List
• How to: Scroll over Apps – Use Edit Button in Right
7. • Semi-automate some of your posts if preferred.
• Blog feeds - Auto-populate the NetworkedBlogs tab, but then manually share your posts on
your wall – this may get you better news feed visibility.
• Take the permalink (hint: the unique URL of any post is the timestamp of that post) of
popular posts & create a unique tweet to bring Twitter followers to your Facebook Page.
• How to:
▫ FACEBOOK to TWITTER: http://facebook.com/twitter (posts your Facebook updates as tweets)
▫ TWITTER to FACEBOOK: Set up through your Twitter account; go to Settings > Profile and connect
with Facebook. You can post tweets to your Facebook personal profile or Page.
▫ BLOG: http://facebook.com/networkedblogs (this pulls your blog feed into your Facebook Page)
▫ PINTEREST: http://woobox.com (Woobox can be used for a variety of channels/apps)
▫ INSTAGRAM: http://apps.facebook.com/instagram_feed/ (display your Instagram photos and
videos on this tab)
▫ GOOGLE+: http://facebook.com/googleplustopages (third party app to try, there may be others)
▫ GOOGLE HANGOUTS: http://www.22s.com/free/13471 (22Social app allows you to stream live
Google Hangouts on your Facebook Page; stream your own or anyone else’s)
▫ YOUTUBE: https://apps.facebook.com/mytubechannel/ (posts your YouTube videos to app tab)
Import Feeds & Other Social Channels
8. • Posting as Page vs. Posting as Yourself
• Scheduling a Post http://rvtechsolutions.com/how-to-schedule-a-post-on-facebook/
• Adding a YouTube Video
Paste URL Directly from YouTube – Add Comment
• Tagging a Personal Account – As a page you can’t tag
them in a post, but you CAN tag them in a photo.
• Linking to Another Page in Your Status
• Boosting a Post
Post Settings & Tips
9. • Amplify Content to Interested Users
• Use Facebook Ads and Promoted Posts
(Boost a Post) to grow the reach of your
page and content.
• Target ads to
audience by interests, gender, age, languag
e, location, educational status and even
Promoted Posts & Facebook Ads
10. Facebook Targeting: Websites
& Buttons Through Ads
Image via TheNextWeb.com https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
11. • Originated on Twitter, now widely popular on all social sites.
• Purpose to: Start Conversations, Group Posts Together About an Event
or Topic & Attract Search Engines
• #Hashtags are fun to use, just ask Jimmy & Justin.
12. • Track When Your Followers are Online
• Determine What Types of Posts are Successful
• Find Out What Sites Your Referrals are Coming From
• Track Posts From Pages to Watch
• And Much More!
• How to: Admin Panel –
See Insights – Choose Tabs
Facebook Page Insights
13. • GoPro uses Facebook to Increase the reach of photos/videos take by
• Nearly 10% of the traffic to their Ecommerce site comes from Facebook.
• Facebook is the #1 photo sharing site for GoPro.
• Facebook is the #2 source of referral traffic.
• GoPro video https://www.facebook.com/business/success/gopro
Facebook Success Story
14. • If You Ask for “Likes” on Facebook Your About to Get Clobbered
• Facebook Pages Redesign: 4 Things Business Will Want To Do
• How to Create a Facebook Business Page
• Facebook New Look https://www.facebook.com/business/news/A-
• Facebook Page Insights