Even though we use online tools to marketing our business now, people still do business with people they like, know and trust. Social Media allows us to create one-on-one relationships with more people like never before. Social Media also allows customers to become brand advocates, share our information and recommend our products and services to othersContent we use online, like blog posts, videos, photos and conversations, helps a person who is thinking about buying a product, actually buy it. It helps them feel good about a product or service, and it helps them better use your services to their fullest potential. 3. We also have to keep in mind that Social Media has given everyone a voice – and they are more than likely talking about you and your brand online. Customer service and customer care is #1 on the social web. One thing that is important to note:A huge number of fans and followers isn't nearly as important as the number of fans and followers that want your information.
The problem is, often when you are getting started on social networks, it’s hard to come up with ideas on what to share and talk to your customers about.You can build relationships and become helpful on social media by using Content!Because Helpful is the new Viral!! We can use content marketing and social media to be an expert who is out helping others.
Content Marketing is anything you create to share and tell your story. When we do social media and online marketing – EVERYTHING revolves around content. The sharing and networking is easy once you have the content to share!Blog Post Magazine or Newsletter ArticleVideoTalking at an EventEmailTweets or Facebook Status UpdateInfographicsPosters, Brochures and all Printed MaterialContent is good for Online Marketing but also Search Engines and People too! The more consistent content you produce, the more your posts will show up in the Facebook newsfeed, the more your sites will be found in search and the more people will come back to learn more about your brand.So – Content might be a article on your website, which you share on social networks with a link back to your website. It might be a question you ask on Facebook. It might be a video you post to YouTube and then tweet to your followers, it might be a photo of your products or services, it might be the slideshow of a presentation you gave in person.
1. Social MediaSocial Media Breakfast - Rural Connection Sarah Kuglin Redwood Valley Technical Solutions www.rvtechsolutions.com Presentation Slides at rvtechsolutions.com/ruralconnectionrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 1
2. Social Media is a conversation…supported by online tools.rvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 2
12. Strategy 1. Relationship Marketing & Social Media 2. How To Use Content to Build Relationships 3. Convert Followers Into Customers 4. Reputation Management 5. Measure Your Effortsrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 12
13. Building Relationships “Social Media is about Sociology and Psychology, not technology” – Brian Solisrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 13
14. Build Relationships People still do business with people they like, know and trust.rvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 14
15. Helpful Is The New Viral -HubspotFooter Text 10/11/2012 15
16. Content • Content Marketing is anything you create to share and tell your story. o Blog Post o Magazine or Newsletter Article o Video o Talking at an Event o Email o Tweets or Facebook Status Update o Infographics o Posters, Brochures and all Printed Materialrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 16
17. Content Marketing• “Content Marketing is about identifying the content your audience is looking for, and distributing it to all the places they look for it.” – Michael Brennerrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 17
18. Content Marketing 1. Specialized Knowledge and Expertise 2. Share Quotes – Especially as a photo or graphic 3. Curate Quality Content – “OPC” 4. Repurpose Material 5. Provide a Solution to Their Problems!!rvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 18
19. Content Marketing Flickr By IngaMunSolve Their Problems!
22. Content MarketingFind Content and Information to Share• Google Alerts - www.google.com/alerts• Newsle – www. newsle.com• Social Mention – www.socialmention.com• RSS Feed Apps – Mobile Devices• Follow Influencers on Social Networks rvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 22
24. Content Marketing Create your own Infographics: www.wordle.netrvtechsolutions.com Infographic by abccopywriting.com 10/11/2012 24
25. 10/11/2012 25
26. Contestsrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 26
27. Make Content Sharablervtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 27
28. Engage with Followers• Ask Questions and Encourage Feedback• Crowdsourcing• Listen – Reputation Management o Google.com/Alerts o SocialMention.com o Twilerts.comrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 28
29. Convert Followers Into Customers• What do your followers need to do next… o Download a White Paper o Download a Video o Subscribe to my Blog o Subscribe to my Email List o Purchase my Products or Servicesrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 29
30. Content Marketing• Use a Content Calendar o Consistency and Quality o Plan Content In Advance o Use tools to monitor and schedule your posts like Hootsuite (www.hootsuite.com) and TweekDeck (www.tweekdeck.com) o Measure and Track what types of content your network likes, shares, tweets and consumesrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 30
35. Negative Feedback 1. Treat Negative Feedback like any other customer service issue 2. Respond Immediately 3. Do your best to move the conversation offline 4. Don’t remove negative posts (with exceptions) 5. Swearing & Spamming can be removedrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 35
36. Set Metrics and Measure• Test, Experiment, Measure and Test Again.• Measure based on the goals you set in your plan o What metrics have you set as your goals to achieve? o What is your call to action? o What are you trying to get your community to do?• Use the tools available to measure your results o Facebook Insights, TweetReach, Hootsuite Reports and others o Google Analytics (or your website and blog analytics) rvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 36
39. Examples of Measuring• Goal: Drive traffic, gain followers, initiate shares• Objectives & Strategy: How, where, and when will you obtain your goal• Measure: The numbers using statistics & tools o How many participants o How much did they spend at the event o Number of new followers / fans o Number of impressions of your campaign o Number of mentions rvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 39
40. Tips & Tricks If you post an update on LinkedIn and check the box to also update Twitter, all retweets of your posts get counted as a share on LinkedIn -Todd Wheatland 29 Content Marketing Secrets on Top Rank Blogrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 40
41. Tips & Tricks Promoted Posts on Facebook Pay $3 - $5 to get your posts seen by fans, friends of fans and more! Facebook Targeted Posts Coming Soon! Allows you to target your audience by gender, age, language, location, educational status (in high school or in college or college grad), and even relationship status!rvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 41
42. Tips & Tricks Use Hastags in Pinterest #quilting is a hashtag in the description of the pin. When you use the # sign (no spaces) it turns into a link and let’s you find all related pins to that term. Your pin will also show up when people search the term in Pinterest.rvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 42
43. Conversations Online Remember that the social networks may have different ways of sharing information, but the concept of connecting through conversations with online tools stays the same. Ask Questions and offer Feedback! facebook.com/rvtechsolutions twitter.com/sarahkuglin linkedin.com/in/sarahkuglinrvtechsolutions.com 10/11/2012 43