Step 6: Sign in or Sign up for a Zinio.com account.
You need both a library account and a Zinio.com
Step 7: Mobile Devices: Get the App!
• Kindle Fire: If your Kindle supports Adobe Flash, go to Settings and set
“Enable Flash” to “Always On.” Now you can read your magazines in
your Kindle Fire’s web browser.
• Newer devices do not support Adobe Flash, so you will need the Zinio
app for your device. You may get an error message when you try to read
a checked out magazine, saying you need to download and install
Adobe Flash, but this is not possible on all devices.
• To download the app, use the links at the bottom of the first page of
the library’s link to Zinio. (Go back to wilmettelibrary.info, Research ->
A-Z Databases -> Zinio. Then scroll all the way to the bottom of the
page.) As new apps are created and updated, they will always be
Step 8: Read!
• On a computer, log in to your Zinio.com
account and then simply click the cover of any
magazine checked out to you to read them.
• On mobile devices, use the web browser to
check magazines out and the app to read
• The app is not connected to the library, so you
can’t check magazines out using the app. You
have to use the library’s link in a web browser.
Step 9: Download!
• To read your checked-out magazines when
you are off-line:
– On mobile devices use the Zinio app to download the
magazine for offline reading.
– On a computer, log in to your Zinio.com account, click
on the gear at the top, right corner of the screen and
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.