Letter to Ms. Kelley
• I have given you a letter about myself and my
hopes for this class. Now, I want to get to know
you. I would like you to write mea letter about
• Please feel free to be open and honest, as I will
be the only one who reads your letters.
**You may use the questions on the next slides to
guide you, but also feel free to share anything you
wish to make your letter at least one page.
Remember, that this should be an actual letter and
not just a list of items.
• What do you like/dislike about school?
• What are your hopes for high school?
• What kind of teacher do you get along with best?
• What are some struggles/successes you have had in school?
• What has been your first impression of this class?
• What kind of student are you?
• What might a teacher expect from you?
• What would the ideal classroom look and feel like for you?
• What is your favorite/least favorite class/subject in school?
• What else should a teacher know about you in order to help
you improve your skills?
• What is the best movie you saw recently? Why did you like it?
• What makes you proud?
• What do you do in your spare time?
• What do you appreciate most in your life?
• Have you ever traveled? Where? Why?
• What is your family like?
• What are your closest friends like?
• Who do you most admire?
• What is your biggest pet peeve?
• What kinds of sports and activities are you involved in?
• What is your favorite middle school memory?
• What important event has happened in your life in the past
• What else might be interesting to know about you?
• Write (or type) a one page letter back to me.
• Bring this letter to school with you to hand in
at the BEGINNING of class TOMORROW.
*If you create a Sophia account tonight and
login and watch the tutorial, I will give you 5
bonus points on your letter!