2. ● Dainik Jagran is a daily Hindi broadsheet newspaper in India.● According to the IRS Q2 2012, Dainik Jagran ranks No. 1 among all Indian publications with an Average Issue Readership (AIR) of 16.429 million● Dainik Jagran has now been the No.1 Indian Daily for the 23rd consecutive time.● The newspaper is owned by Jagran Prakashan Limited, a publishing house listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India.● Jagran Prakashan Limited also acquired Mid Day in 2010 and Naiduniya in 2012.● Currently, Dainik Jagran’s 36 editions are published across eleven states of India.● Mr. Mahendra Mohan Gupta is the present Chairman and ME and Sanjay Gupt is Editor of the newspaper.
3. HISTORY● The genesis for Dainik Jagran was in the year 1942. The year when the freedom struggle of India reached its crescendo and found expression in the “Quit India movement” (Dainik Jagran was launched during this time with the vision of our founder, the revolutionary freedom fighter, Late Shri Puran Chandra Gupta “Create a newspaper that would reflect the free voice of the people”. This vision was as much a reflection of the time when it was propounded as much as it is relevant to us today. )● The tradition of truth that Shri Puran Chandra Gupta heralded was carried forward by literary stalwarts like Shri Narendra Mohan. Apart from strengthening Jagran’s editorial stance, he embarked on a drive towards modernization and building interaction between the paper and its readers.
4. 1942 First Edition launched in JHANSI1947 Shifted headquarters in Kanpur (Launched 2nd edition)1953&1956 Rewa and Bhopal editions were added respectively1975 Gorakhpur Edition followed by Varansi, Allahabadand Lucknow in 19791990 Delhi Edition (After Meerut,Agra and Barailey)1999 Jalandhar Edition launched (After Dehradun in 1997)2004 Haldiwani and Ludhiana edition was launched2006 Indore,Siliguri and Amritsar edition was launched2007 Patiala edition was launched2008 Bhatinda edition was launched
5. Apart from that● Dehradun 1997,● Hisar & Patna 2000,● Moradabad 2001,● Aligarh 2002,● Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Bhagalpur, Panipat2003● ,Muzaffarpur, Jammu, Dharamshala2005,● Mathura, Haridwar, Rae Bareilly, Faizabad2008 In June 2005, Dainik Jagran entered into a strategic alliance and partnership with Independent News and Media Plc. The company shortly after went public in 2006.
6. Various Information PortalsI-NEXT India’s fastest growing compact daily in bilingual format, hascaught on to the pulse of the Young at Heart. It now covers 12 prominentcities in 4 states of India through its various editions and infrastructure.JAGRAN CITY PLUS City Plus is the Weekly English Tabloid fromthe group. An aesthetically designed all colour newspaper editorially covera variety of topics from Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, etc. Apart from this, italso has reader interactivity through Contests, Coupons, Puzzles, Quiz,Crossword, Games, Polls, Suggestions.THE INQUILAB Inquilab is India’s No.1 Urdu Newspaper with areadership of 7 L.Inquilab has 12 editions covering Maharashtra, Delhi &UP and is further expanding.NAI DUNIYA Nai Dunia is a leading Hindi daily being published fromMadhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.J9is the value added services which is currently working in the field ofmobile value added services & home shopping in an active manner.
7. SAKHI Sakhi is a premium women’s magazine targeted at upwardly mobile& outgoing women in the upper segment of the socio-economic class.JAGRAN ENGAGE is the OOH division of JPL which specializes in Outof Home media solutions across India.. Engage offers comprehensive Out-Of-Home (OOH) solutions to prospects & customers through its bouquet ofofferings of Hoardings &Billboards, Unique Street Furniture, Transit &Mobile Media besides innovative & ambient to suit specific clientrequirements.JAGRAN SOLUTIONS Jagran Solutions is the division that leadswork in the Below the Line Marketing Solutions or Experiential Marketingarea . An immersive, interactive and experiential integrated marketing planapplicable to activations, corporate events, conventions, product launches,meetings, conferences, exhibitions and contests.JAGRAN INTERNATIONALis the international division of JPLresponsible for marketing JPL products outside of India. Amongst otherthings, develops country reports for India, and works with our internationalassociates to develop India Reports in markets like Ireland, UK, SouthAfrica, Australia and New Zealand.
8. MID DAY(ENGLISH & GUJARATI) is India’s No.1 Afternoonpaper has been the quintessential break the YUMPI (Young Urban MobileProfessionals across India) takes in the middle of their work day.MiD-DAYGujarati is the Gujarati Tabloid from Jagran Prakashan Ltd. With itsunique content and engaging activities, it caters to the affluent GujaratiCommunity of Mumbai. It is positioned as a complete family newspaper withcontent for everyone.PEHEL to discharge its social responsibilities and provide social servicessuch as organizing workshops/seminars to voice different social issues,health camps/roadshows for creating awareness on the social concerns andhelping underprivileged massesJAGRAN RESEARCHwas established in May, 1996 as independentand premier multidisciplinary research & consulting organization. JRC isalso involved in publishing reference books and magazines. These booksinclude Jagran Yearbooks, Country and Statewise statistical databank,Jagran Josh monthly magazine and otherS.
9. PUNJABI JAGRAN A Punjabi daily by Jagran.The Punjabi language is very widely used in Punjab - and this runs across all the Pop Strata of Punjab. The language has great acceptance in the region, and it therefore makes an automatic choice to complete bouquet for Punjab. MMI ONLINE is the digital media wing of the Jagran Prakashan Limited- Indias Leading Media conglomerate. In this era of Web 3.0, media is about unlimited information and boundless space. Developing sustainable business models for the Indian online space and continuously pushing the boundaries to create services and products which add value and experience to the online users,is the goal. EDUCATIONAL INITIATIVES● JIMMC, Jagran Instititute of Management and Mass comm. (Kanpur, Noida)● JIDA, Jagran Instittute of Digital Animation (kanpur)● Jagran Public Schools(JPSs)● JIMMC,School of Animation (Noida)● JIM,Jagran Institute of Management (Kanpur)