Where Talent Acquisition and Talent Management Meet
A New and Powerful Book
by Stephen J. Blakesley
• A book for those who want to improve
• A book for those who want to help others
• A book for organizations with both people
and performance needs
• Finally, a book for both manager/executive
14 Powerful Chapters
Part 1 Part 2
• What is superior performance? • Too Busy to hire good people
• Who can be a superior • No Clarity
performer? • Defining Competencies
• Job Fit – the power of it • The Interview
• Job Competencies • The Environment
• Work Strategies • Talent is Worthless,
• Emotional Competencies Performance is Priceless
• Organization Emotional • Now Coach?
Superior Performance-What is it?
Superior Performance has 3
Who Can Achieve Superior Performance?
• Changing Outward
• Changing Inward
Job Fit – The Keystone
• Two Powerful Tools
Job Competencies - Can They Do It?
• Hard Skills
• Soft Skills
Work Strategies – How They Do It
• Use it or lose it
• How to maximize performance
Emotional Competence – The Passion For It!
• Self Awareness
• Self Management
• Other Awareness
• Other Management
Organizational Emotional Intelligence
• The Environment
• Building Leaders vs. Leading Managers
• Hiring Passion
• Team Building
• Work/Live Balance
• Self Awareness
• Compensate Fairly
• Are they really too busy?
• What is really important?
• How do we know?
• Who can tell?
Defining the Competencies
• Knowing what they are
• Know how to use them
• Candidates know the most
• At least 1/3
Environment, What Environment?
• Most leave managers not companies
• Everyone wants to get better
Talent is Worthless, Performance is Priceless
• I don’t know how to use it
• I need to know why
• Even the most talented need coaching
• Not everyone is equipped
Purchase “THE TARGET” for
every hiring manager in your
for your autographed copy of
this indispensable talent tool.