• Several Tools.
• Solution Explorer, Property Window & Toolbox
• Windows Form
• A Namespace in Microsoft .NET is like
containers of objects.
• Main goal of using namespace in .NET is for
creating a hierarchical organization of program.
• In this case a developer does not need to worry
about the naming conflicts of classes, functions,
variables etc., inside a project.
• The advantage is that every namespace can
contain any number of classes, functions,
variables and also namespaces etc., whose names
are unique only inside the namespace.
// Namespace Declaration
// User created Namespace
// Program start class
// Main begins program execution.
public static void Main()
// Write to console
Console.WriteLine("This is the example of creating own
There are numerous tools available in Visual
studio IDE. We will use the following..
• Properties Editor
• Solution Explorer
• The Properties Editor tool is used to edit
properties in a GUI pane inside Visual Studio.
• It lists all available properties (both read-only
and those which can be set) for all objects
including forms, web pages and other items.
• In Visual Studio , a solution is a set of code
files and other resources that are used to build
an application. The files in a solution are
arranged hierarchically, which might or might
not reflect the organization in the file system.
• The Solution Explorer is used to manage and
browse the files in a solution.
• Visual Studio provides a Toolbox which can
be used to add numerous controls to a
Windows Form or a Web Form.
• On the Design pane we can add those controls
by selecting and dragging the desired control.
Creating a Windows Form Application
• To create a Windows Form Application we
have to click on File-New-Project or simply
Ctrl+Shift+N from the keyboard.
• The ‘New Project’ window will appear.
• On the ‘New Project’ window we have to
select the ‘Windows Form Application’ and
• A new design window will open. It will be
look like this…
• On the design window we can add any
Controls from the toolbox.
• Here I have taken the Button and the TextBox
• After that we have to write code for the
Windows Form application.