Presented By :Gursewak Singh
• The Marketing Environment can be defined all the Internal and
External Factors and Forces that affect a firm’s ability to develop and
maintain successful transactions and relationships with the target
• Thus, Marketing Environment includes all forces that affect
Marketing Policies, Decisions and Operations of a company
• Internal environment : Forces and actions inside the firm that
affect the marketing operation composed of internal stake
holders and the other functional areas within the business
• External environment
• Micro environment
• Macro environment
Factors affecting Marketing
1. POLITICAL FORCES
2. ECONOMIC FORCES
3. SOCIAL AND CULTURAL
4. NATURAL FORCES
5. TECHNOLOGICAL FORCES
6. DEMOGRAPHIC FORCES
Political and Legal forces
• Includes laws, government agencies and pressure groups that
influence or limit various organizations and individuals in a
• Increasing legislation.
• Changing government agency enforcement.
• More emphasis on ethics and socially responsible actions.
• The economic environment consists of factors that affect
consumers purchasing and spending power.
• Under economic environment manager generally studies
1. Trends of gross national product
2. Patterns of real growth in income
3. Variations in geographical income distribution.
4. Borrowing pattern ,trends and governmental and legal
5. Major economic variables
Social and cultural forces
• Social responsibility has crept into the marketing literature as
an alternative to the market concept.
• Socially responsible marketing is that business firms should
take the lead in eliminating socially harmful products
• Demographic data helps in preparing geographical marketing
plans, household marketing plans, age and sex wise plans.
• It influences behavior of consumers which in turn will have
direct impact on market place.
• A marketer must communicate with consumers anticipate
problems ,respond to complaints and make sure that the firm
Most dramatic force now shaping our destiny.
Creates new markets and opportunities
Challenge is to make practical, affordable products.
Safety regulations result in higher research costs and longer
time between conceptualization and introduction of product.
• Involves the natural resources that are needed as inputs by
marketers or that are affected by marketing activities.