2. SHEL ISRAELBorn in 1944.Popular Speaker and Writer of Media Issues.Co-authored Naked ConversationsHas contributed editorially to BusinessWeek, Dow Jones Co,and FastCompany.TVHost of Global Neighbourhoods with Shel Israel, an online videoblog series, which was produced by FastCompany.tv,covering enterprise and trends in social media
3. REASON FOR TWITTERVILLEShel Isreal’s inspiration for writing this book wasbecause of james Bucks’s (Buck, a photojournalist,photographed violent food strikes in Egypt andwas arrested) single word tweet:”Arrested.”He saw that this social media communicationstool had become more than he thought everpossible.
4. MAIN POINTS OF TWITTERVILLEIsreal gives the account of Twitters birth and their transformation into whatit is todayTwitter can effect all aspects of a companies Public Relations whether goodor badCredibility is an important thing to determine before you put yourcompany on Twitter because people listen to credible sources There is a difference in “logo” tweeters and “human” tweeters. In “logo”tweeters you see a corporate logo image where a human face should be.Instead of seeing the human authors name of the tweet you see a popularcompany name. @Starbucks was the most popular logo tweeter in 2009.
5. MAIN POINTS CONTINUEDPersonal brands are becoming more popular on TwitterObviously the more followers you have the more inﬂuence you will have inthe internet market on TwitterTwitter does not replace e-mail or a phone call, rather it is a brand new wayof communication. An addition rather than a substitution.Charities and Non-Proﬁts are utilizing Twitter for its communication andfund raising abilities.
6. 8 TIPS TO JOINING TWITTERVILLEShow Yourself Avoid Spammer StatsRead First-Talk Later Have FavoritesPost Second-Follow Take Your TimeLater Think NeighborhoodFriends Over Stars
7. TWITTERVILLE I, personally have not been a big fan of Twitter before this book. I neversaw the positives of it and the advantages of having one until this book andcourse. This book informed me on ways that Twitter can be so valuable to a company or organization in any stage of their development. This book has made me a much bigger supporter of Twitter. I would love to learn how toutilize Twitter as a Church Media Director now that I have this appreciation for it. To learn how to use it to help reach the lost and unsaved through social media, would be a tremendous asset to the Church.
8. TwittervilleI believe that anyone whois wanting to learn how to utilize Twitter and even other social media websites in a better and more successful way will beneﬁt in a great way in reading this book. From small business owners to organizations fund raising, they all would beneﬁt from reading Twitterville.
9. TWITTERVILLE BY:SHEL ISRAEL PRESENTATION BY: HUNTER SIMS T-COM 365INNOVATION OF SOCIAL MEDIA