1. Future of Marketing.
2. Top 5 Takeaways
• Marketing will be more targeted and custom
• It will be more human and friendly
• Adoption of Digital will increase; Social Media will get
• Data and analytics will get more prominence
• Technology usage for marketing will increase
Based on the views expressed by experts.
Experts chosen from Business and Marketing field. It spanned from bloggers, business heads, CMOs, Social
Media Celebrities, analysts and more.
3. 2014 will be the year of awakening where marketers
will look back at the chaotic years & cut through the
mindless buzzwords and start rethinking.
If this doesn’t happen, we are doomed.
CMO & Co-founder, Simplify360
4. Marketing in '14 will be tough, dynamic and
Chances are, marketing will not only be
competitive but also exploitative.
Chairman – Khetan Group
5. Marketing will be intimate with its customers.
Marketers will know more about their habits and needs.
Founder and CEO at Ananto
6. Marketing will be more digital. If you haven't
embraced digital in time, you will be
obsolete, like Kodak.
Tinu Cherian Abraham
Associate Manager @ UST Global,
7. Innovations will take centre stage in this new hyper-local
world. A great deployment of agnostic connectivity over
native communication will be the solution. We have many
such dreams for the new world order. Computers will not be
needed. Touch point management will be a brand manager’s
CEO & Co-founder, Liqvd Asia
8. By the customer, for the customer.
CEO & Co-founder, Digital Vidya
Digital Media Visionary
9. In 2014, Marketing will be focused on building a tribe of
faithful rather than finding yet another glossy way to sell.
Chairman, Bibeksheel Nepali
Politician, Entrepreneur, Blogger
10. User Generated Content (UGC) will be the buzz word,
brands will invest more on high value content as
customers will be decision makers and influencers.
Co-founder & Director, Webenza
11. Since I am developing a SaaS solution to be used by
Academics and students at universities, I will be marketing
primarily the "old fashion" way - conference presentations,
journal/magazine publications, and in person sales pitch
with some social media for broader exposure. But as a startup, I will be marketing to one client at a time.
Garfield W. Fisher
CEO – Basemetrics
12. It will all be about partnerships with people of influence, brands will
continue to pair with bloggers and their readers. Not just bloggers
but people of influence to gain access to their networks and lend the
brand a voice it would not otherwise have without the partnership.
Everything is short format content and visual as well and will
continue to be in 2014
Jess Loren Popov
SVP – Legacy Marketing Partners
13. Content Marketing, the backbone of both
Search & Social Marketing will be the mantra
CEO – DMTI, India
14. My prediction for 2014 is big data from social starts driving
big revenue. From Apples' recent acquisition of Topsy is
writing on the wall.
This says their is a lot of hidden marketing value behind big
social data and turning that marketing sense into dollars will
continue to be the key for 2014.
Justin R French
CEO & Founder, The Social Business Guy
Specialist, Social Networking San Diego
15. Marketing = Participation.
It will mean that brands will have to create avenues for
involving customers at every step including the innovation
process. All efforts will need to be measured and scaled up
based on this single metric - Participation!
Digital Strategist & Business Head,
16. Marketing in 2014 will primarily bank on personal
touch and human values. Every product and
service will start promoting on how lives can
change; instead of talking about a
product/service in detail.
Founder & Photographer @ iClickd
Social Media Celebrity,
Former Microsoft MVP
17. Marketing will be built into the product
through behavioural engineering.
CEO - Hunter & Bard
18. Multichannel marketing and better
attribution will change the media mix
and how we plan and measure
marketing campaign outcomes.
C.O.O. at Ultraviolet Digital
19. 2014 will continue to shift to mobile and
social, brands will start responding to their
social mentions and stop ignoring most of the
comments and posts they receive.
Agmon David Porat
social Media Innovator
Bio medical engineer
More FRAGMENTATION of social networks. More ONETO-ONE or personalisation creeping into marketing.
More AUTOMATION of marketing with new tool sets.
More MOBILITY... 2014 for me is the year of FOAMo
Vice President, Hansa Cequity
21. Marketing will be more humanized in 2014.
Both marketers and Tools will focus on giving
value to whom they are marketing to.
Founder & CEO,
Web Marketing Academy Bangalore
22. More and more Marketers will endorse
content marketing to reach out to users.
Relevant and useful content will be in
demand in 2014.
Ogilvy & Mather
23. Marketers in 2014 will face many more options and channels
to build brand awareness. This will create opportunities and
challenges. At the same time, there will be a significant
focus on how to best measure ROI of marketing spends and
how to optimize investments across channels.
COO & Co-founder, Marketelligent
24. Content marketing will continue to be king
with brands recognising the need for strong
storytelling. Which incidentally is good news
as I am a content marketer!
Lead social media strategist,
25. Marketing in 2014 will be increasingly data driven.
In an increasingly connected and media-flooded world,
personalisation and relevance will be essential.
Founder & Managing Director,
26. Marketing will see two major trends in 2014.
1. Experience creation is the key to marketing and it will dominate
2. Marketers need to master the application of digital technologies
to activate their brands across channels seamlessly.
Founder & CEO, Pepper Square
27. Marketing in 2014 will see more efforts towards result driven
activities rather than just getting numbers and hashtags out.
It will also see many new entrants , yes, still a large number of
brands haven't even initiated their digital presence. Content and
Media spends will be the two pillars of digital strategies in the
CEO & Co-founder, SocialSamosa
28. Marketing will move beyond social
media and on to mobility devices where
we shall see more transactions than on
Director, Havas Media
29. Content Marketing would be the focus of B2B businesses.
Businesses will invest more resources in creating
As a platform, Google+ will help businesses in Social & SEO
side, and will get more prominence in 2014.
Founder and Blogger, Aakarpost
Internet Marketing Specialist @ CloudFactory
30. As people's attention spans get shorter,
marketing content need to be more "crisper".
Hence clarity of messaging combined with
brevity will win the game in 2014.
Head of Marketing,
31. In spite of being the most cost effective medium, and backed by
measurable data, digital medium has been grappling in the dark to
make its existence felt. In my belief 2014 will be about focussing on
'Brand' than on the channels and services.
2014 should be the year where Brand can be launched digitally and
Jaitrali Chatterjee Jhanjharya
Chief Marketing Ideator @ Ideatelabs
32. Digital media is enabling `close encounters' with the
consumer at a mass media level. Marketers will increasingly
garner first hand and accurate consumer insights and shape
communication that works, and the trend has already
CEO & Founder, BCWebwise
33. Marketing in 2014 would be mean the business of
promoting and selling products using methods and
channels that human mind cannot think of.
With advances in Big Data and Analytics, it is the start
of an era where marketing would start where the
human mind stops!
Faculty at IMT Dubai and IIM Indore;
Doctoral Student IIM K
34. Marketing will mostly be customized and targeted.
Email, mobile, social, and inbound marketing will be
the most popular and beneficial marketing channels in
Co-founder and CTO, EBSM
35. Marketing will be partnership based in
2014 for reaching same Target Group.
Co-founder and CEO,
36. Better integrated, where your digital experiences move
to the real world (probably even real-time) via mobiles,
tablets, interactive OOH etc., and where your real
word experiences are better customized via data
assimilated & analysed via the digital medium.
Founder & CEO, Brandlogist
37. Web marketing is undergoing a transition - we are now living in the
PCO era of telecom (where the bandwidth was there but devices &
apps were not there, hence the PCO's which are now obsolete)
likewise the shift of the web marketing console to a user will happen
where smarter tools will enable Mom & Pop shops to drive their own
course with complete control of their ROI.
Co-founder & CEO,
38. 2014 will be the year of personalized marketing.
Marketers will have to create highly targeted and
personalized campaigns for their targeted
audiences and deliver them at the right time.
CMO & Co-founder, Betaout
CEO & Founder, Born Rich
39. The last decade and a half saw the birth of two new
distinct marketing channels; first Search, then half a
decade later Social! 2014 might well indicate the
beginning of the Content (marketing) channel - and if
that is the case, we are up for an exciting ride the next
Dennis R. Mortensen
CEO of Predictive Analytics
40. Over the years, consumers' expectations have changed.
Therefore instead of the traditional way of focusing on the
who, what, when, where and why, the marketing world may
have to focus much more on the "who" aspect, and even
more on the message being sent and the medium used to
send that message.
Student at New York University
41. Content will still be the king in marketing, but churning
effective mobile friendly content will add more zing.
You will also see rise in mobile ads, ad retargeting and
utilising analytics to give a personalised one-to-one
marketing for every Internet citizen on the planet.
CEO & Co-founder, Goodworklabs
Author, Losing My Religion
42. About Simplify360
Simplify360 is the leading social business
intelligence firm based out of United States
Simplify360 is the world’s first integrated
Enterprise Social Media Platform. Offerings
• Social Marketing Suite for agencies
• Social Contact Centre for BPOs
• Social Command Centre for Enterprises.
Social Business Intelligence
We enable businesses to perform Online
Reputation Management, Customer
Service, Community Management, Social
Media Research & Brand Auditing; Online
Sales Lead Generation, and Consumer
43. Leaders use Simplify360
Company Has 100+ Clients – Largely in India and America
Brazil and LatAM
Singapore & India