Selling UCaaS Using Voice Apps
Michael Sterl Dave Gilbert
VP North American Sales Founder/CEO
• SaaS typically looks at one particular software capability
such as CRM or desktop ofﬁce productivity suites
• UCaaS encompasses a number of complex capabilities:
Shared Workspaces Uniﬁed Messaging
Desktop, Group &
Presence Telepresence Video Conferencing
IM Voice Conferencing
Hosted Unified Communications
• Size of the UCaaS Market Now - $200 Million
• Size of the UCaaS Market in 5 Years - $5.6 BILLION!
Are You Positioned To Proﬁt
From This Explosive Growth?
Source: Wainhouse Research June 2009 2014
Challenge - Selling it Effectively
• FACT: 28 - 32% of potential buyers with less than 100
employees Continue to Think VoIP Suffers From
Major Quality of Service Issues
• Selling MUST begin with quality, assurance of reliability and
ease of migration (keep your existing number)
• Bottom line is they need to know “it works!”
• Next, establish the fact that it will save them money
You can’t sell UCaaS if your prospect
doesn’t trust VoIP to start with.
SimpleSignal is RELIABLE
Why SimpleSignal is RELIABLE
• Geographically-redundant co-lo’s in CA and CO
• Broadsoft Switch
• QoS - Constant monitoring of our edge router performance
• Nationwide carrier-class hosted VoIP network
• Trusted by thousands of business customers nationwide
SimpleSignal is AFFORDABLE
• Millions of $$ in “shared” cloud-based PBX technology
available for a dollar a day per user
• Pricing model ﬂexibility ensures the most cost-effective
solution for each unique customer’s needs
• Domestic long distance included (no metering)
• Low international long distance rates
SimpleSignal is FLEXIBLE
• BYOB - One of the only service providers to allow
customers to keep their existing bandwidth provider.
We’ve cracked the code to provision on any network.
• Keep your existing phone number
• Choose from per seat or concurrent call pricing models
We’re There When You Need Us
• Fanatical Customer Service - Above all else,
we are a service organization!
• 24/7 Dedicated Technical Support
• Must communicate the importance of working with:
• A Tried and True VoIP Service Provider - Us!
• Experienced, Knowledgeable, Trusted Advisors - You!
Where Do We Start?
• Baby Steps!
• Understand the progression to integrating UCaaS
• Understand your client’s business process and problems
• Use UCaaS to improve business processes and solve
Voice Apps Bridge the Gap!
• Prospects understand the concept of Apps (Thanks to Apple!)
• Voice apps allow you to improve business
processes by customizing the UCaaS solution
• Voice apps are scalable, ﬂexible, affordable
• Use Voice Apps to ease your customer one
level at a time into a satisﬁed, “sticky,”
3 Levels of UCaaS - Level 1
• The Basics (Don’t Assume Prospects Get This!)
• Call Control Toolbar - Desktop access to all key features
• The Power of One!
• One Uniﬁed point of access - one number rings all
• One voicemail inbox to check
3 Levels of UCaaS - Level 2
Mobility and Mobile/Desktop Integration
Voicemail to Text (Read your voicemails)
Call Swap Seamlessly swap calls between mobile and desk phone
Experience the Power of
3 Levels of UCaaS - Level 3
Hosted ACT! Connector
Google Analytics Facebook Connector
• Sell reliability and quality of the phone system ﬁrst and why
• Next they must understand ease of migration and keeping
their existing phone numbers
• Then explain how they will save money
• Only then will they be open to the beneﬁts of UC and now
the features and game changing voice apps become appealing
• Use baby steps to walk your customers through the
• Have a thorough understand of how apps improve
VP North American Sales