1. Lanyrd.comHow we bootstrapped Lanyrd using Twitter’s social graph Simon Willison @simonw
2. Lanyrd.com Deﬁnitive database of professional events and speakers
3. Lanyrd.com Deﬁnitive database Social event recommendation of professional events Comprehensive speaker proﬁles and speakers Archive of slides, notes and video
4. Lanyrd.com Demo
5. Lanyrd.comWhy does it work?•The right crowdsourcing incentives•Wiki-style shared ownership•The parts support the whole•Twitter!
6. Lanyrd.comWhy Twitter?•It’s where the event discussion happens•Speakers promote their Twitter accounts•Follow beats Friend for recommendations•Culturally amenable to public proﬁles
7. Lanyrd.comBootstrapping•Classic social software challenge•Our secret weapon: the speakers!•Twitter accounts are public identiﬁers•(and speakers have lots of followers)•500 proﬁles before launching our beta