The Analyst conducts an initial study of the problem and
Gathers information such as
• Output : Feasibility Report
• Applications areas to be considered
eg Stock control, purchasing, Accounts etc
• System investigations for each application
• Cost estimates
• System requirements
• Timescale for implementation
• Expected benefits
• The intention……..
to determine how well a business copes with its
current information processing needs, and whether it is
possible to improve the procedures in order to make it
more efficient or profitable.
Note: FRS contains Input, Output, process but no format.
• Use Cases contains user action and system response
with fixed format
User interface design
Design of output reports
Data storage ie files, database tables
Backups, validation, passwords
Design Document that consist of Architectural
Design, Database Design, Interface Design
• Program development
• Equipment acquisition
• Draft up user guides
• Coding Report
• All the programs, Functions, Reports that related to
• Testing is Executing a program with an intention of
• To discover defects.
• To avoid user detecting problems
• To prove that the software has no faults
• To learn about the reliability of the software.
• To ensure that product works as user expected.
• To stay in business
• To avoid being sued by customers
• To detect defects early, which helps in reducing the cost
of defect fixing.