1. Got Beef? Silverpoint Farm:Dairy Steer Community Supported Agriculture
2. Why would I want to by a share of a cow?• Because you like quality, healthy cuts of beef.• Because you support the local food movement.• Because you like your beef fresh.
3. Happy, Healthy Holsteins*Our cows are Holstein, Jerseys and Short Horn Dairy Steers• Dairy steers are cows from dairy farms that are discarded for various reason, most often because they are bulls.• Dairy steer are rated high in taste
4. Happy, Healthy HolsteinsThey eat healthy• Our cows are pasture-raised on grass• We feed them grain twice daily to train them to come when they’re called• The results are happy, healthy cows which yield high-quality lean beef
5. Happy, Healthy HolsteinsThey have stayed close to home• They have been raised less than 5 miles from where they were born• Overall, this beef produces a low-carbon hoofprint
6. Community-Supported Agriculture• Copy on why this matters
7. What cuts will I get?• 50% will be hamburger • 5% will be "thin cuts" or stew – Flank, skirt, brisket• 15% will be round • 15% will be loin – Top & bottom steaks – Either stew, round and/or roasts steak, or roasts • 10% will be short loin – Steaks: Porterhouse, T- Bone, Tenderloin, Sirloin)
8. How are Cow Shares Calculated?• The cost of the live cow – Based on weight• The butcher fee – Based on the hanging weight of the cow• The yield – How much beef is put in your freezer
9. How are Cow Shares Calculated?• The cost of the live cow: $960.00 – Based on weight: ~900lbs• The butcher fee: ~$260.00 – Based on the hanging weight of the cow: ~525lbs• The yield: ~320lbs – How much beef is put in your freezer
10. So, How Much?COW SHARE COSTS Chuck and Round Stew Loin, ShortShare Estimated Lbs Cost Hamburger Steak, Roast Loin SteaksSixteenth 19 $75 10 5 4Eighth 38 $150 20 10 8Quarter 76 $300 40 20 16 That’s approximately $4.00 per pound, regardless of cut.
11. How do I get this delicious, healthybeef?• Insert instructions